Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Injector wiring problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Injector wiring problem Reply with quote

I'm new to the board, but found something interesting.

I just bought my 2005 TJ last month, Since I bought it, it has had a slightly rough idle and on decelleration it sounds like it was burning a little gas by making a burbling sound as the engine slowed down.

I tried everything including cleaning the injectors, new plugs, cleaned the throttle body, decarbonized the engine, everything I could think of but I still had the same result. I was also getting 15 MPG on the highway and I thought I should be getting at least a few more MPG's.

I kept looking around under the hood and then noticed that there was a red label connected to the #2 injector connector. It said on it " #1 INJECTOR".

Wow was that possible. Could the #1 and 2 injector wires have been reversed and how could that happen. Since I just had to check it out, I reversed the 2 connectors and low and behold, I have a smooth idle and smooth sound on decelleration.

This makes sense. Even if the 2 injectors were firing at the wrong time, they would just spray the fuel at the back of the closed intake valve. The next time the valve opens, it would suck in the correct amount of fuel, but it would be bigger drops not properly atomized. It would work, but just not as efficiently as designed.

Since the other injectors are firing properly, the results might be exactly the symptom I was seeing.

How can that be? Was it this way from day one from the factory? Who knows, but at least it's fixed now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suprising it didnt throw a code and a check engine light, but hey ppl make mistakes.

Heaven forbid a shop do something un-ethical to have someone bring their vehicle in for service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: