Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lowering Suspension

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DankNesS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x2 what swampy said
i could not have said any better.... i do of course understand about how nice it is to eat up those lil ricers in a big ol box of an SUV... BUT if you have a grand cherokee with a solid front axle its agaisnt the rules to lower it. there is of course some tolerance to lowering those grands that now come with IFS up front. I love my 318 and know that if it was in a 5.0 body it would get up down and dirty... BUT the only racing jeep is the SRT8. nuf said

of course i dont shy away from anyone who wants to get some of my ZJ.. it feels even better to whomp up on some one riding 31's or 33's any way
prj57

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... I agree that lowering has its limits. Mine is down 1 inch approximately...

It gives me better steering response when I drift!!! Wink

Anything lower than 1.5-2 inches will mess up the factory camber/castor settings and may worsen drive ability.

BTW, DankNesS, the new SRT 8 looks kinda fragile to me, I wouldn't dare push it too much.... PLUS you can build a much more respectable ZJ for half the price....
Duncan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I donno dude... The SRT 8 will beat the crap outta super exspensive sports cars on a drag strip and do it in style... I would buy one if I was into that sort of thing (and had the $s)... Now what I wanna see is a ZJ tricked out for offroading with full width axles (for less flippability) riding on like.. 35s or something with a SRT 8 engine with NOS... Take that to the drag strip and kick some lancer evolution ass.

lol.
prj57

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't have best of both worlds! It's either off or on road performance... you can't take an off-road Jeep and put it on the drag strip, it's not been designed for speed!

I went for a street machine, I am waiting for my twin turbos to arrive and will post some dyno sheets in the next couple of months!! Twisted Evil
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

prj57 wrote:
I went for a street machine, I am waiting for my twin turbos to arrive and will post some dyno sheets in the next couple of months!! Twisted Evil

Frankly, good sir! I don't really give a damn! Finger
DankNesS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess so but my zj and all of its lovely power is OFF ROAD only. so ya different blah blah blah for differant p[eople... SRT8 would domminate most ZJ's tho that is fo showey....

ON a side note id like to one day pop in a mopar 402 just for shits and giggles super charge it and be like "whats up??" off road of course
5.9 andy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"" Why do you think that lowered Jeeps suck!""

GOD created the earth, then he rested, after he woke up, he got bord, so he created a lifted JEEP do drive across the world.

JEEPS are ment 2 be lifted.... i have no problem with th lowering of vehicles, AS LONG AS IT AINT A JEEP.

lower a ford, doge, chevey, toyota, or something like that,
viper24242

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say, I'm not a fan of a dropped Jeep, in fact I would shake my head at one if I saw it on the street, but its your Jeep so you do what you want to it. There are a lot of ways to make a Jeep unique, lifting is one way to do it, but I will tell you, drop that jeep and you will deffinantly be unique. Very Happy
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
Rusty's steering stabilizer
AEM throttle body spacer
120 amp alternator upgrade
Rusty's Tie Rod Conversion
EYESIC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: lowered jeep Reply with quote

i was in mexico the other day changing my rear differential housing cus its cheaper over there and everyone knows the jeep grand cherokee from front to back even kids. Its Crazy... actually like a 12 year old kid was helping in building my differential he even painted the whole damn thing red.. .it looks nice... like i thought i should be worried but nah they did an amazing job. Anywho some guy was riding on 20's i dont know if it was lowered but it looked nice, well we raced on the street and i left him like a car behind. then we raced again... and he beat the crap out of me... point of the story the lowered jeep looked ok... i wont be a jeep nazi and say its only for lifting since they dont come lifted. Its one's personal choice to lift or lower... fact of the matter is Its still a Jeep ... Keep on Jeeping.. no matter if its lowered, lifted, cut truck style like swampys, its a jeep.

Just love it for what it is.

on the comment that swampy posted about lowering it is like cutiing off a womans boobs.. well when he adds a tricked out wheels and makes it look nice its like putting implants on a boobless woman. Smile
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: