Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

C203 wiring to blower motor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveHickey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: C203 wiring to blower motor Reply with quote

Problem: All fan speeds not working. Found blower motor (ATC) resistor melted at connector. Replaced resistor and connector. Still not working. Pops the 40 amp fuse no matter what I do.

Was told by Jeep service tech that there is a short to ground in the C203 wiring. They wanted $500 to fix. No thank you, I said.

I now have the dash off, but still can't get to the wiring, which is directly behind the HVAC housing, and taped with a bunch of other wires. I have the FSM, and am looking at how to remove the HVAC assembly, but I really don't want to!

I'm already past my point of confidence in being able to put it all back together. I'd rather not remove the HVAC housing. Any helpful hints?

Thanks
RussellRowell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, there are 2 nuts on the engine side. One is behind the PCM (behind your coolant reservoir) and the other is to the right of the a/c coolant lines on the firewall. There is 1 on the inside. You could probably loosen the a/c enough to get your hand back there but getting the connector plug apart might be difficult. Below in the picture is the back side of the a/c unit. You can see where the connector is. This info is for a 94 though. GL

NP249 / 5.2 / MB Motoring Rims/ 1500 watts
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: