Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wants to stall while turning right??????

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDale

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Wants to stall while turning right?????? Reply with quote

New problem appeared the other day.

Seems when I'm making a long right turn onto or off the freeway & give it a little gas, she sputters and wants to stall. It doesn't happen while turning corners, or while turning left. Just on long sweeping rights.

I searched and didn't find anything. Wondering if anyone else has had the problem of might know what it is???
nixt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What year and which size and type of engine does it have- as well as what (if any) type of transfer case does it have? If you give this type of information we may be able to help you further.
-nixt
with 2" coil spacers for 3.5-3.75 total lift
235/85R16 Goodyear MTR's Measure a true 32"

Life has No Value,
But Death Has Its Price.

Last edited by nixt on Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
SDale

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry 'bout that!

It's a 99 GCL, 4.0, 2WD.
nixt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the Haynes Manual Engine Stalling is caused by: 1. Idle speed incorrect. 2. Fuel filter clogged and/or water and impurities in the fuel system. 3. Fault in the fuel system or sensors. 4. Faulty emissions system components. 5. Faulty or incorrectly gapped spark plugs or problems with the spark plug wires. 6. Vacuum leak at the throttle body, intake manifold or vacuum hoses.
It says nothing about turning right and that's about the limit of my knowledge since I've never had that particular problem. Sorry! But does the check engine light ever come on? Have you ever had a code reader plugged into it even if the check engine light doesn't come on? My fuel gauge has been screwed up ever since I bought the Jeep and the check engine light has never come on because of it but there has been a code about it that comes up everytime I've ever had the codes read on it.
-nixt
with 2" coil spacers for 3.5-3.75 total lift
235/85R16 Goodyear MTR's Measure a true 32"

Life has No Value,
But Death Has Its Price.
SDale

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's ALLOT of stuff the Haynes Manual aimlessly points at! LoL

I have a code scanner & data logger. The scanner never pulled any DTC's and the CEL never comes one. THe Data logger on the other hand shows at the time of the stalling, I'm slowly increasing throttle input and gets randon misfires.

BUT I think I found it out!

I hooked up a fuel pressure gauge & remote line last night on the way to work. Even while driving I'm getting intermittent drops in fuel pressure. So I guess it's time for a new fuel pump?
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anything else happen when it sputters ? watch your fuel gage and basically all your gages .

you could have a ground problem , check the main ground from the battery to the block and the ground strap from the engine to the fire wall .

and change the fuel filter .

i had the ground problem in my cherokee , it did the same thing just turning left.
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your battery cables.. It sounds silly but mine used to do it.. If your cable is swollen it could be broken on the inside... Causing it to loose ground when you turn..

good luck...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: