Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Woo Hoo Im here (also a couple questions for you guys)

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duncan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will hopefully be upgrading my axle before the 20th but not getting the 33/35s for awhile so I will want the same ratio as curretn and regear later... Thanks
Duncan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guy... As mentioned I have taken apart my dash and redoing everything in a manner that I like better:

It all going to be diamond plate stuff but I decided against taking the radio out since it sets the time for the computer thingy below it and has a volume control on it... I do have one question though: The airbag light has been on since I got it... Does this mean the airbags do not work? If so can I take out the passenger one so it does not get in the way?
Any other suggestions and/or adivce would of course be appriciated (I am also replacing all of the switches and dials with better versions and changing the layout of them and the wire harrnesed to a kind that actually work.. LOL)

Also: I got a shiny all cast hi-lift jack today... Went offroading but "sadly" got neither a flat nor stuck so I did not get a chance to test out either the winching OR a lifting abilities in a real situation... Though I jacked up the jeep in the driveway just to make sure I was familar with how to operate it before I actually needed to... Very nice it made me smile Very Happy LOL

Finally:
Saw this trail on my way out today... No time to attempt it but I will certainly be back... Any votes on if I can make it in my stocker without breaking anything major??

swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have some kind of rocker protection?? If not how did you jack your Jeep up with a high lift??

Just wondering..

And I think you can make it... give it a shot video it and post it on Google video so we can all watch it..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Duncan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the front plastic bumper off and jacked it up from the corner of the metal bumper thing (the front bumper is held on in an improvised fashion so removal only takes a few seconds).

As for video... Will do...Just need to get the firewire cable (cause for some reason windows vista does not support USB transfer from my camcorder even though XP does... I know it makes no sense but w/e). Once I get it I will post a montage of sorts of all kinds of cool offroading moments I have had... While editing out the boring stuff...

Also my friend is on his way to pick up a '86 Bronco as a project vehicle... But I am sure we will wheel it a bit today just to test it out... It already has factory LS in the back and hub lockers in the front... Thus maybe I will attempt that trail while we are "testing" his truck... I got him addicted... He wanted a Jeep but this was $400 so it seemed a good deal.
5.9 andy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those rocks look ez enough for a stocker, but picks can b decieveing.
Duncan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys... Here is some video I took... No video of the one trail cause I have not been back there yet (got the the "new" bronco working last night though... will make a decent trail rig for my buddy and he got it for $400... W00t!)

I know the mud hole in the middle sucks... It seemed a lot deeper when I checked it... LOL I think my zj is to wide to really get into the deep parts (most of those holes are made for 4 wheelers).... Also sorry about the annoying commentary... I was just the driver.. LOL

WMV file
5.9 andy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have verey squeeky brakes.....looks like fun, but is all u do drive through watter?
Duncan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah... I have another tape with most of the stuff on rocks and other terrain but the camera was dying so I could not get that video... I left the charger for it at homeby mistake but I can't get the video off at home because I have Vista and I am using my XP pc at work to get the video off... Maybe tomorrow I will get the other stuff off...
Duncan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys:
Here is a video I made of my ZJ going up an ATV stunt... With complete sh*t for tires I have to hit it with some speed... Did break my taillight trying to turn around up there but oh well.

Also: Here is another vid I have posted before but I figured I might as well throw it in.
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Job Duncan.. I used to love to roll my stocker around.. Great fun. Keep up the good work..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Duncan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my T-case skid is wondering what T-case skids ever did to me to make me so mean to them and my rocker panels might be a little bruised up but soon my jeep shall be getting the treatment is deserves for being such a good vehicle.
5.9 andy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duncan wrote:
I think my T-case skid is wondering what T-case skids ever did to me to make me so mean to them and my rocker panels might be a little bruised up but soon my jeep shall be getting the treatment is deserves for being such a good vehicle.

u mean a lift kit???
Duncan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Among other things. Several, exspensive, other things. Mr. Green
5.9 andy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is ur rear end???
if it is a D35u might as well huck that piece of shit now and get an 8.8
Duncan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed... That is the plan exactly.... It keeps on changing but the current version has been around for a month or so now without changing (much) which means VERY soon I may start buying items (though not putting them on the jeep... Everything or most everything will go one at once).
Maybe I can get some feedback on my semi-final plan:

Ford 8.8 rear grabbed from local junkyard taken apart, sandblasted (since there happens to be a sandblaster here at work), painted, etc.
$250

Dana 30 HP from a XJ also rebuilt in the same manner.
$150?

New 4.10 gear for both
$300

Lock rite lockrs for both
$500

Bracket kit for the rear
$350

15x8 steelies
$200 (for 5)

35in tires of undecided variety... I really want super swamer boggers but I hear they cause horrible vibes on unibodies so I am looking for somehting with huge deep lugs (this is the southeast... We have tons of mud... LOL) and side lugs.. The side lugs are really important because of the mud and because I seem to be really rough on sidewalls.

Clayton 7in long arm kit

Custom built rock sliders

Custom built skidplate.

I am REALLY hoping to do all of this over the winter and take it to one of the "Grand Slam" events that mallcrawlin does...

So the thing I would like some adivce on:

Tires... I know swampy mentioned mudbrutes but they don't have treads on the sidewall.

Wheels: Cheap and also if would like wide tires how wide could I go and still be on 8in (probably 3.75 backspacing)?

Lift: Definitely wanted a long-arm and really like the idea of the Rusty's 6in bolt on long arm but was told it sucked (by several people no less) but I wanted longer than the 4.5 long-arm RE makes so I decided it would have to be either the 7in Clayton kit or the 7in TNT kit and well people said TNT was great in general the kit was new so no one knew much about it so the Clayton seems like a good idea to me... Any better ones?

Axles: I am hoping to get everything done but because of the cost I might not want to fool with upgrading the d-30 cromoly shafts before the end of winter... So will I be ok with the d-30 HP front without upgraded shafts and 35s unlocked for a little while until I get the upgrade in?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: