Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ahh

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nico21

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that is a good idea to make it a prerunner i never really thought about it that i was looking in some other forums about a stroker engine i thought that was pretty intresting could i still be able to climb a little and stuff what you guys think? and also were would i start off on a prerunner or were other's would start off in my postion?
rbjeepster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first thing first is you need to make sure your power plant is set, you know make sure its running good no major work needs to get done because you can put all your money into a lift, tires and other stuff but all that would be usless if you toast your motor so start with that. you mentioned the stroker kit thats pretty sick ive always wanted to do that to mine but if you have the 4.0 (i think ur runnin) should be good enough but its up to you if you want to get it done you have to consider that that extra power goes to your transmission to your transfer case to your drive shaft to your rear end to your tires so im just sayin the drivetrain might have to be built up a little bit to handle the power. after u get the engine sound and up to prime start lookin into suspensions cherokee lifts are relativly easy nothin you and ur buddies cant do so yeah decide a height you want to go with and look at what you need a little 3 inch lift doesnt take much but if you want say a 8 inch your going to encounter drive train angle issues so its just a matter of how much money you want to invest into it so after the lift check out some tires typically for cherokees 33 inch tires are the most they can handle axles i mean unless you have a dana 44 or built up axles either way 33s arnt to big or to small to start off with so yeah theres just somthing in my opinion form experience in lifting my jeep, maintaining it and owning it and wat it takes feel free to writ back with and questions heres a link on wat a prerunner cherokee looks and runs like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfS9zdVjGh4
Nico21

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allright ive decided that i am going to fix everything with my motor and do the stroker upgrade and i am also starting to look for exhaust/tires/wheels/lift etc...does anyone know a good site for this kinda stuff?
rbjeepster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your local exhaust shop
Nico21

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, should i just get another stock exhaust?
Nico21

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a few pictures of my Jeep let me know what you think to btw.

rbjeepster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well with the stroker a better flowing exhaust will be beneficialto the motors performance common after market exhaust mods to Cherokee's are a glass pack high flow cat and a flow master muffler then maybe a banks header to top it off. i have a flow master 40 series with a turn down tip i like it it has a different tone than say a v8.But since i live in cali i cant get a high flow cat due to smog laws so i cant say much about that. the jeep its self looks good black on black rims would look awesome i think
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you make your uni-body a pre runner , don't forget to add a role cage and alot of frame strengtheners, because other wise it will .... how do i say this, break in half .
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: