Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drowning in engine codes...

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Drowning in engine codes... Reply with quote

Well i decided to take my 03 Sahara out on some of the old mining roads my dad used to take us on with his cj5 back in the day, and it turns out a 200 foot bog got the best of me....and my engine. At about 160 ft the engine died out of nowhere and i was stuck in mud/grass up to my thigh.

Thank god my welds held on the mounting bracket for the 10,000lb winch i got. Anyways...

I have 70,000 km on it which is probly around 50,000 miles.

After 2 hours of screwing around it finally started...after i nudged the cam sensor bolt (i think thats what it was anyways...)

I pulled the following codes from the engine:
122 - Throttle position sensor voltage low
123 - Throttle position sensor voltage high
340 - No camshaft signal being received by the computer
320 - Crankshaft position sensor reference signal cannot be found while the engine is cranking.
1391 - Sometimes, I can't see the crank or cam sensor signal.

The engine wasnt wet at all as the water/dirty mud never got higher than 3/4 of my 33's.

I could crank the engine however it seems as though there wasnt any spark, or there was no gas in the cylinder since it wasnt catching.

Also, i added a touch of WD40 to each of the sensor connections prior to going out since i new it was going to be dirty and knew the sensors could be sensitive to water.

Do the TPS, and cam and crank sensors share the same wiring connection to the computer? Maybe theres a wire shorting out somewhere in the harness and its causeing everything around it to short out as well.

any ideas are greatly welcome!!!

here's a pic before i got rid of the spun alum bumber and added the winch... my baby
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: