Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trouble with a '99 TJ 2" lift

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HappyMudder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:53 am    Post subject: Trouble with a '99 TJ 2" lift Reply with quote

I just put a 2" suspension lift on my '99 TJ (actually hired it done, because I don't even know which end of a wrench to hold.) Now I have three minor problems that I don't know how to solve:
1. the tires rub on sharp turns.
2. I have gained a slight vibration as I go through 1700 - 2000 rpms in 3rd gear and when I brake.
3. I had a bugger of a time putting gas into the tank - the nozzle would not slide into the recepter.

Any suggestions?
Teriod

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. have the mech who put it in check and see why the tires are rubbing!!
2. you might need to drop the tc or shim the axle to get the vibration to go away, i would try tc drop first, its the easiest
3. your lift should've had nothing to do with you ability to put gas into the tank unless the mech did something to the fill tube for some strange reason

I would take it back to whoever installed this lift to address these problems
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you put new tires on at the same time, odds are they're wider than what you had on. If that's the case, there's you're rubbing issue. Washers adding to the steering stops'll limit the turning radius and eliminate the rubbing.

Was this a suspension or body lift? The gas tank filler issue makes it sound like a body lift. Chances are whoever installed it, didn't relocate the filler housing to it's stock location. The driveline vibration could be as mentioned above if it's not a body lift and is a suspension lift....but that wouldn't explain the gas filler issue.

edit: my reading skills are still up to par...as I missed the first sentence with the word 'suspension' in it rofl . Gas filler still makes it sound like a BL problem though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: