Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error Code-Upstream Sensors-Cat?

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Error Code-Upstream Sensors-Cat? Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,

Here's the problem.2005 Jeep Unlimited. For a while now my MIL light(check engine) would come on and go off and then finally after a few months came on and stayed on. The computer has been reset several times and it keeps coming on. The predominant code is P2098(post cad fuel trim low) I changed all four of my O2 sensors and the light still came back on. I took it to my local 4X4 shop for diagnostics and they said the upstream one's were still not putting out right. They are under warranty and I will hopefully have new one's installed within the week just in case those were faulty.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should check other than the O2 Sensors. I'm aware the the Cat. Converter could be bad but I'm trying to check all other options first. It has just over 77,000 miles on it. Spark Plugs have never been changed. Would they have any effect on the O2 Sensors? Any help or suggestion would be helpful. Thanks for your time and have a great day.

-S. Mixon
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: