Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cromer Ridge Offroading

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:54 am    Post subject: Cromer Ridge Offroading Reply with quote

Yesterday I had to go to traffic court (I am at traffic court a LOT) in a county far south of me on my way home I decided to stop at "Cromer Ridge" just to check it out for a possible later trip... Cromer Ridge is another part of the Daniel Boone national forest and a common place to take Jeeps and stuff... ATVs have been banned and I was not entirely sure Jeeps were allowed though I have been assured by several people that they are (for now).
Long story short I saw how awesome it was and decided to stay and spend the rest of the day there... As it happened I had just loaded everything into my Jeep (tools etc) the night before so I was set to go have some fun.
Sorry about the photos but i took the pics with my cell phone and it was accedentally set to a low resolution. Oops.

The coolest things at the place were rock obsticles like the above... Which I decided I simply HAD to get up... In a stock ZJ with no spotter Rolling Eyes

Making it after a couple of tries is a good feeling Mr. Green

A couple more obsticles.... Though it may not look it the last 2 in that set are of the obsticle I had the most trouble (and fun) with... The front and back tires were hitting bumps at the same time and I imagine I took off quite a bit of tread before I finally got up.

The edge fo the smaller of the 3 mud pits I went though (there were 4 more I did not dare try)... No pics from IN the mud cause I was there alone.

Some of the stuff there is brutal... There were small parts of vehicles everywhere (most people seemed pretty good about pickign up... I am just talkign really small stuff that probably escaped attention when it fell off) I did see what appeared to be the twisted hulk of an entire trasfer case and a cross commemorating "steve" and "richard" Shocked (both of these were next to particularly twisted sections... Neither of which I ran). I was lucky to escape with just a flat and a broken metal piece going to my T-case from the lever... I seem to have smashed it up on something though I managed to get into full time 4 (from low) before it finally gave out.

As an interesting aside I left the Jeep at my moms house until I could work on the T-case thing (my normal work area which also happens to be closer to the places go offroading)

I planned to go home with a friends cause his Bronco was there also and we are putting in a new floor... We worked on that for awhile and then left in his saturn (we carpool to work in the saturn anyway) he was zipping along on the twisty roads and before long his car was like this:

Yes that is an airbag. Two of them.

Looks like we have to take the Jeep after all.
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like you had a good time .
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Photo Album All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: