Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UNFORTUNATE DW q's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Suburbia4X4

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: UNFORTUNATE DW q's Reply with quote

I thought that the new ball joints did it but i was wrong, while driving down the poorly made highways in minnesota i still get the death wobble! its only after i hit a surface abnormality like a bridge to normal road or a huge pot hole. its so FRUSTRATING and im freaking mad!!!!!!! pissed what could it possibly be? i know its not the ball joints or the tie rods or either of my stabilizers or the trac bar cuz i replaced all that crap. my best guess is that there is slack in the steering gear cuz its really lose and ihave to turn it about 45 degrees before the wheels actualy turn. but other then that i have no idea. please oh wise gurus lay your knowledge upon me so i can exorcise the death wobbly deamon from my jeep!!!!! Shocked
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you check the control arms?
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check control arm bushings..

Easiest and best thing to do is lie on the ground under the Jeep and have someone wiggle the steering wheel back and forth..

Be very carefull cause you need the engine running .. But it will make anything thats loose very obvious you will see the movement in the track bar or whatever else might be loose

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Suburbia4X4

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is the control arms, would just stock replacements work as far as the bushings go? or should i check out some heavy duty ones or something? cuz i know i wanna get adjustable control arms to soften up the ride and even out the rear axle in the wheel well. if i got all new lowers would that fix her right up? at least with the DW? and also ive got my tires inflated to about 35 Psi and they are 31's should i take more out? i noticed a difference when i initially took some out cuz whoever installed the tires on the wheels put in lik e 45 Psi and that was one rough ride i tell you what! Wink but yeah, again thanks for the info guys i really appreciate it, keep it comin!
fishjrl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i started experiencing the wobble now

i am positive that it is my front right ball joints due to the way it sits

could i be wrong? what else should i check for?
it only happens every once in a while
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: