Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

axles and gears 8.8 and dana 30

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: axles and gears 8.8 and dana 30 Reply with quote

ok , its time to ditch the dana 35 . what i want is

ford 8.8 in the rear out of a 97 eddie bower with 4.11 gearing . questions , is it the same width ? spring perches in the same place ( who cares but w.e) what u joint do i use ? my plan is a xj front shaft on the rear i will have to lengthen it so get a ford yoke welded on while its getting lengthened .

06 master cylinder and booster out of a 1 tonne dodge diesel , to get rid of the residule check valve and for a bigger reservoir (i have one laying around) .

front , i was curious if i could pull 4.11 out of a 4cyl tj /yj , question : i believe i have to change carrier ( i have 3.55'S) if so does it fit in the housing or is there a bigger housing for that carrier ? my axle shafts will work ? (91 non-disconnect) is it a 4.11 or 4.10 ?

im gonna truss the 30 and weld the seam on the 8.8 and maybe truss it because i can get it all done professionally for free .

so if some one here has done such a thing , can you help me out . Smile

89 xj 4.0 , 91 dana 35 ls rear , 91 non-disconect dana 30 front . 3.55 gearing .
5.9 andy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i swaped a 89 XJ non-disco axle in the front of my alxe, and the gears came out of a YJ with 4.11s.

you will need a new carrier because the ring gear is a little thicker, ur shafts will work, i have the YJ carrier and XJ axle shafts.

and 4:10 in the same as 4:11.....they are interchangeable
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the response it was most helpfull .

4.10 and 4.11 are different ratio's but you can run them at the same time , its just better to have the faster one in the front so its pulling instead of pushing . not that its a huge difference , but its still a difference .

again thanks for the response , made my life easier
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Drivetrain All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: