Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Uwharrie Convoy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:05 am    Post subject: Uwharrie Convoy Reply with quote

Who is interested in convoying down to Uwharrie? We were thinking of using the Hardee's/Truck stop at Exit 63B off of I85 in Petersburg. It is the second exit on I85 after you turn off of I95. Its a four hour drive from there to Uwharrie, if we left by 11 we would get to Uwharrie around 3. This would allow us time to set up camp, fuel up the vehicles and get our permits. It was our original intent to get there by 3pm, to both avoid some of the traffic and have a chance to relax.

DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
UNL1MTD
Tastes just like Strawberries...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll take us (Jerico and I) about 1.5 hrs to get there from King George, but we were planning on heading out between 8-9, so we would be rolling through there 9:30-10:30.

We might meet up depending on how things work out, its defnitely a good location to start the convoy.
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donna and I are in Unionville (Orange) so we are going to need to leave our house between 8:30 and 9. When I was talking to Steve about this our idea was to leave the parking lot at 11am, if you are there great if you not, we'll see you at the camp ground. I am going to be pulling the Jeep like I was for Camp Heep.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
rovertmutt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My intention was also to get there early. But I wanted to get a little time to explore Uwharrie a little and do some photography of the natives, wildlife and landscape.

I might even try my hand at a little gold panning just to see if I can find a bit there. I don't know if I'll have patience long enough tho.
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, who is interested in linking up in Petersburg? If nobody is interested, we are just going to roll on through.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jen and I are planning on hooking up with you there. Provided my radiator holds up...if we run into a snag we'll call and let you know.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of now, the plan is for us to meet Mark and MJ by Kings Dominion just after 9am. We'll then caravan down and meet you guys at the Hardees/truck stop. See ya'll tomorrow.

Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
UNL1MTD
Tastes just like Strawberries...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePhantum wrote:
As of now, the plan is for us to meet Mark and MJ by Kings Dominion just after 9am. We'll then caravan down and meet you guys at the Hardees/truck stop. See ya'll tomorrow.

where abouts are you meeting near King's Dominion? Off 95 or 301?
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The plan is at the Burger King off I95, around 9:15 or so. Jericho and I are going to touch base by cell tomorrow morning at 8:30.

Quote:
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: