Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mufflers?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wranglerRyan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Mufflers? Reply with quote

Ok heres my problem tomorrow I am going to have a new exhuast put on my jeep. i all ready know that i will be haven a 2 1/2 in piping all the way. i all ready have an after market header and down pipe that are 2 1/2 in also. now heres my problem i bought a cherry bomb turbo muffler from Autozone and i was thinking on taking it back and just putting up the extra in for a flowmaster 40 series muffler. both mufflers are 2 1/2 in inlet and outlet, but i was wondering if the sound will be much different in the two mufflers. So if any has done this system before please let me know on how you like your setup.

-Ryan
whlstnd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

y would you do that? you are defeating the purpose of an aftermarket exhaust by running those 2 mufflers. im asuming you are doing this to gain performance and not just for sound. if you are doing this setup for sound then ignore me, but if you are doing this for a performance increase you would want to rethink your setup.
mike
wranglerRyan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No i was wondering on which to use either the flowmaster or the cherry bomb.
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flowmaster!
whlstnd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you want from a muffler? are you just wanting sound or are you going for performance?
mike
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on we've been through this before. Yes there are better mufflers performance wise, but flowmaster is not a dud, it will produce some satisfaction, noise and power. I love mine and have never regretted installing it. I know several other guys on here run the 40 series, maybe they'll chime in and give their experience with the muffler.
whlstnd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know im not wanting to get in the muffler fight again, just wanting to see what ryan is wanting from an exhaust so i can give my opinion on it.
mike
wranglerRyan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today i had my exhuast done withv2 1/2in. pipe all the way back and a dynomax muffler installed. i love it the pacesetter header and down pipe really sound great together with the full exhuast. Also its got a little more throttle response but it does sound a little beffier.
wranglerRyan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its very nice to see a little bit of shinny under the jeep. but i love that 2 1/2in. piping......man it sounds good! if anyone goes this direction send the time and money to have the 2 1/2in. piping its worth it.
whlstnd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what dynomax muffler did you use?
can you tell a diffrence where in the powerband the power comes on at.
mike
wranglerRyan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dynomax tubo style with the 2 1/2 inlet and outlet. Advance has them in stock. the sound is pretty nice and i can tell it has a little more pep and better throttle response.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: