Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

93 Grand Cherokee Stalls?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NvMySi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: 93 Grand Cherokee Stalls? Reply with quote

alright so i had a problem last week with it starting now i have a problem with it stalling?
it was starting to stall 2 days ago, today was the worse, i would start it and it would stall right away, i would drive and it would start to hesitate and force itself to stall while holding the gas. and then it would be hard to start it again. iu would have to wait a minute and start it sometimes would stall again sometimes would let me drive for a minute and stall again. so made it home so thats good but i start it and stalls right away i waited an hour does the same thing, it wont even keep its idle up. it will just stall. here is the stuff that has been changed in the past 1 week to 1 year:

last week, distributor cab, rotor, plugs and wires, cleaned throttle body and IAC with throttle body cleaner.

last year, new fuel filter and new fuel pump.

any idea on what it can be guys? i get a error code 62 EMR? what is this and where is it located? could this be a cause for it to stall ?

This is the Inline 6 motor.

this was happening to me 5 hours ago, its been parked and i went outside to start it now and it started but hesitated down to 100rpms then back up to normal and bogged out and stalled. and wouldnt start again. will have to wait to start again. any suggestion would be great thanks guys.
viper24242

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you drive it? I know I was having a problem a while back where it would shift between gears and want to stall, especially at low speed. Are you having that type of problem?
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
Rusty's steering stabilizer
AEM throttle body spacer
120 amp alternator upgrade
Rusty's Tie Rod Conversion
NvMySi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think so, im just having a problem at all speeds usually under 40kmh it woud bog hesitate and want to stall. sometimes it would stall. now i cant even drive it at all because i will start it and it will stall after a few seconds even with foot on the pedal. it will bog and stall. then i cant restart it till at least 5-10 minutes if not longer sometimes and will do the same step. any idea on what it can be?
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to tell you to throw parts at it but TPS is only about $25 so it wont hurt to buy one and change it out..

After that I would check the fuel pump... I know it says you put one on last year but it could be the problem..

Check it out and at least eliminate it as a possibility

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
NvMySi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you think it could be the fuel pump after being changed last year?
NvMySi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

like i can even hear the fuel pump priming. so i dont see why it would be that?
DankNesS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

check pressure at rails and make sure you got good spark.. then its a list of sensors to swap.. TPS is a good start.. IAC or MAP might be messed up thats why it wont stay started. but like swampy said it sux to just thro parts at it

Fuel pump can very well go bad in a year if you run it to empty alot.. just illiminate it as a possibility so you can check other stuff is all you need to do. good luck
viper24242

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The IAC had my jeep stalling whenever I took my foot off the pedal. Nothing wakes you up in the morning like thinking you've stalled doing 60 down the road.
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
AEM throttle body spacer
DankNesS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thinking you stalled or did you stall??? ive stalled out engine power everything dead doing 60 durring a blizzard on a icey and snow packed high way.... THAT was zero fun Neutral

so have you replaced or at least cleaned the IAC?
1fox2go

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What were you doing going 60 in inclement weather?

I had a similar problem with my xj, turns out the fuel line on the fuel rail was loose and leaking.
viper24242

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was on an open road in good weather doing 60, doing 60 in any kind of snow is crazy, probably a bit of fun, but crazy. My rpms had to go down to at least 50 rpm before it finally jumped back up, I replaced my IAC and it solved every problem I thought I had in my jeep, from the transmission to fuel pump. Its amazing how much crap can go wrong when one little sensor goes bad.
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
AEM throttle body spacer
DankNesS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not to thread jsck or anything but i was going with the flow of traffic and back then my jeep was all time 4 so it wasnt to crazy... i suppose i may have exagerated a few mph... either way snow and no power while moving is no fun at all. i wasnt stopping so my passenger freaked out and put it into park! o dam i thought we were so screwed. this was on our way out to a bad ass cabin for new years and i thought the trip was ruined and i needed a tow PLUS new tranny etc etc etc..... BUT when i finally got er to a stop i started her up and wa la. off we went for a wicked trip!
viper24242

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be a little violent but if someone jammed my jeep into park I probably would have punched them in the face. And if they broke my tranny they would be paying for it.

Of course I might be a little violent....
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
AEM throttle body spacer
DankNesS

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had it not been my chick i woulda kicked there ass outa the jeep b4 we came to a stop.
luckily the jeep gods blessed us and we rode away damage injury and problem free.
cj3a

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was having the same problem, not wanting to start, then loping idle with an occasional stall. I replaced the IAC first then the TPS.
my problem seems to have cleared with the new tps. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: