Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

San Gabriel Canyon SOCAL (OHV Area)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nori

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: San Gabriel Canyon SOCAL (OHV Area) Reply with quote

Ok.. here's my second post to this great forum.

Here are some of the pictures I took during the weekend trip to OHV area. I take a lot of photos wherever my ZJ takes me; for those who are interested in me taking their vehicles, please look for the green ZJ parked in the area with a long telephoto lens
Smile

Here are some of the photos I took:

Click here to download a large version

... and my most favorite....

Click here to download a large version (you'll love it!)

Ok... I'll post some more when I'm done processing the RAW files from my camera. I'll also post a notice when I return to the area for more pics. Enjoy.
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That split window Willys is sweet. Come on, more JEEP pics. Let's see that ZJ playing in the mud!
nori

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya Orangeamc... except my ZJ is nothing but a stock Orvis.. I dare go into that muddy playground with the rest of the people knowing that I'll get stuck there miserably with my Goodyear Wrangler (not MT/R) tires for sure.

If only I have all the lift kits and appropriate mud terrain wheels... Sad I promise that day will come VERY soon.
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, at least your out there. Nice ZJ. Are those replacement headlights? They are clear as hell!!
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your a step ahead of me, I just read your other post on changing your headlights. They look good.
viper24242

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was about to compliment you on your avatar pic in the zj forum but since your here, those are some sweet pics. What type of camera/lens combo do you use. I love using my digital still for jeeping, snowboarding, mountain biking.....you name it and I will probably take a picture of it. I'm thinking about getting the base level Cannon Rebel or maybe one up I'm not sure yet (either that or an AR-15 depending on the size of my tax return Twisted Evil ). I want an SLR that can take several shots in a few seconds. It would be great when my buddies and I go to the terrain park with our boards or bikes, depending on if the jumps are dirt and snow. I'm not the type of person who takes black and white pics of lawn chairs and calls it art no

But again, those pics are amazing!!

Now I'm done hijacking your thread, sorry about that. Very Happy
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
Rusty's steering stabilizer
AEM throttle body spacer
120 amp alternator upgrade
Rusty's Tie Rod Conversion
nori

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Orangeamc Very Happy

--Thread digression--
(though it may be useful for people interested in off-road photography)

Viper:

At the time, I was using Fujifilm S2 Pro with Nikon 80-400mm 1:4.5-5.6D telephoto lens. The reason why I went with the Fujifilm DSLR is

1. It can mount Nikon lenses, and Nikon lenses are know for its clearity and sharpness. (i use it for my webmastering biz taking products)

2. Fujifilm's proprietory CCD technology, giving a good DOF and the colors are amazing.

3. 6 true megapixel interpolating up to 12 megapixel, good enough for any kind of large printing.

This system is probably not suitable for your need since Fujifilm DSLR is somewhat on the entry-level unit in the professional world and most importantly, it's not designed for speed. It's really for colors and clearity, and great for that b/w type of art pictures. But if you know how to time it right with all the right setting for surrounding environment and the subject's movement, it can achieve the same result as to those high end cameras.

If you want speed, nothing beats Canon IMO. You're on the right path for looking into Canon body, but make sure you put good amount of investments in high-quality lens. I can't stress enough about this; you can have the best DSLR in the market but your picture quality will largely be determined by the quality of lens.

I usually take 2 types of lens to the field: telephoto lens (400mm) and a wide angle lens (17mm-35mm). Make sure you buy the best quality lens for these range, and you should have no problem taking any pictures for such activities at any distance.

A very good site for camera reviews (done by pros)
http://www.dpreview.com

Hope that helps..

--end thread digression--
viper24242

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the help nori. I never thought I would get camera advice off this site but you never know I guess.
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
Rusty's steering stabilizer
AEM throttle body spacer
120 amp alternator upgrade
Rusty's Tie Rod Conversion
TJgirl

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

those are some awesome looking pictures! nice hobbie
nori

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Jeeping without a good camera & tricks is like coming home from honeymoon without best captured moments.

hehehe Mr. Green
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Photo Album All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: