Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Doesn't start Sometimes.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkWolf89

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Doesn't start Sometimes. Reply with quote

So what I've come to notice is that every once and awhile my 89 Cherokee Laredo likes to just not start up. You can hear it turn over but nothing happens. It happened twice so far with one time being more serious that the other. The first time I drove to work during the day and then after a heavy rainstorm I got back out to my car later that night only to discover that it took 3 trys before the engine finally started. I thought well maybe it's just a one time thing but about a couple weeks later I got to work just fine again but once I got out it was a different story. At 3am it slightly was cooler out just as the past night probably about 40 degrees. The truck then wouldnt start at all. I left it their overnight got a ride home and a ride back to work the next day and the truck still wouldnt start. Even in the daytime when it was 54 degrees! So I had to have it towed. Funny thing is once I got it to the garage it started up again. Any one got any idea's what's causing this...
88WOWJ

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: Doesnt Start somtimes Reply with quote

The 1989 XJ is part french and AMC desoign It is a little weird.
But a crank sensor should fix it. drivers side of the engine at the top of the bell housing. It can be a pain in the but.but you can do it.
1991 Cherokee Limited
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: