Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AC Bad and Overheating-2000 Cherokee

View previous topic :: View next topic  
madmj

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: AC Bad and Overheating-2000 Cherokee Reply with quote

First let me say that I am new here and I would really appreciate any help you guys may have. I have had jeeps all my life and I am aware of the various overheating problems that comes along with them. However mine has been acting really weird. I'll explain.

A couple months ago my when I would turn on my ac there was a loud squeaking/squelching but the air would work fine. Then after a month or so when I would turn on my air it would blow cool for about 5 minutes then the air would turn warm and had a musty smell to it. This is still going on.

Last week it started to run a little above the middle line in the temperture gauge and it smelled like it was going to overheat. I just had my radiator flushed and there was no leaks. However it is still running a little above the middle line and the smell is still there. I drive in stop and go traffic in warm climates. My jeep has 72,000 miles on a 2000 Cherokee.

Does anybosy have any idea what is going on and whether or not these problems are connected? Thank you all very much!
Tardis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your antifreeze level, and check for air in the cooling system.
Test the antifreeze with an antifreeze tester, make sure it's 50/50 or better.
If your thermostat wasn't changed during the flush, change it.
Make sure your water pump is working, some crud could've made it's way into it, or it could be worn out.
Worst case scenario, check for a popped head gasket...

As for the AC, check the compressor, make sure the clutch is engaged with the AC on...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: