Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

86 cherokee

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toliver09

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a quick question... anyone who has an 86 Cherokee knows... the BIG speedo and BIG fuel gauge and NO tach... im annoyed by the gauges. Some of you know that I have a 90 cherokee i'm swapping some parts out of. Will this swap work? has anyone done it before?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i highly doubt the plugs are the same , i think the 90 still has a mechanical spedoo so you will be in luck there . its not that much to take out the gages .
Toliver09

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:

Original 13.5 gal tank definately met it's demise, im putting a 10gal fuel cell in it, but i don't know what in-line fuel pump will work, the old tank had an in tank pump. anyone know what psi i should get, it's for a throttle body so i though 5-10psi at most. anyone who has done a fuel cell swap and can give a model number for the pump that they went with, that would be great. thanks

Update:
Nvm, put the tank from my 90 Cherokee in it.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Toliver09

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

update:

new cap and rotor, plugs, 8mm wires, and a cone air filter (rebuilding my cold-air, it's almost done, i just ran a 2.5" exhaust pipe from my tbi intake about 1 1/2 feet and clamped the new filter on, no bends to get more cold air yet)

0-60 was better by almost 2 seconds (13 seconds before, a little over 11 after)
mileage is back to around 20mpg as long as its not too windy
power is MUCH better at all rpms now, hi and low end

it brings a tear to my eye to see the jeep running good again!

now that the engine is completely redone I can work on doing the lift. Many donor vehicles are sitting at my house waiting for me to pick them apart.
rear springs off an 89 Blazer, front coils off of an early bronco, all ill need to buy is new brake lines to accomodate for the little amount of lift I'll be gaining!

Thanks to everyone who has contributed their thoughts, without you all this old thing would be making a dead grass spot in my yard!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: