Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radiator Hose - Transmission "Quick Connects"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdawg2112

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Radiator Hose - Transmission "Quick Connects" Reply with quote

Ok - I will probably get flamed for this, but I am doing a radiator swap and I cannot get the transmission line quick connect disconnected from the bottom of the radiator.

Is there a trick to this? I have tried for about 2 hours to no avail. THe thing that is killing me the most is that I put this radiator in about 2 years ago and dont recall having any issues.
Tardis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem when I changed my TJ motor.
There's a quick disconnect tool kit that removes the lines pretty easily.
Another way to get the line out is to push in on the line hard, and pull apart quickly.
I got tired of dealing with the quick disconnect lines and eliminated them altogether.
I replaced them with standard 3/8" Threaded-Compression fittings.

They work great, and you can take them apart with regular hand tools.
TheBrat97

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Radiator Hose - Transmission "Quick Connects" Reply with quote

jdawg2112 wrote:
Ok - I will probably get flamed for this, but I am doing a radiator swap and I cannot get the transmission line quick connect disconnected from the bottom of the radiator.

On this forum you will rarely get flamed for anything short of telling someone to go f*ck themselves...everyone has their little pitfalls when they start tearing into a vehicle so don't give up. Jeeps have their PITA's just like every other vehicle.
ThePhantum
Pissed-Off Admin
Pissed-Off Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Radiator Hose - Transmission "Quick Connects" Reply with quote

Ditto and ditto. You can pick up the tool at most autoparts stores for under $10. But my advice is the same as the above...replace them with compression fittings. It will make life much easier down the road.

97 XJ Sport with a bunch of stuff
Quote:
Never argue with idiots, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Duncan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On this forum you will rarely get flamed for anything short of telling someone to go f*ck themselves...

Crap... I wish mallcrawlin was like this Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: