Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Safari Roof Rack

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoneSpar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Safari Roof Rack Reply with quote

I am looking to get a safari basket style roof rack for my XJ. I have a Thule rack, but am looking for a cool basket. What style or brand do you reccomend?
monkeyman3875

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If money's no object you can go with either Thule or, my favorite, Yakima, but you can make your own for cheap. There's also some other companies, you should find something just running a search on Google.
-130k Miles (and counting)-> let me know of any preventative maintenance you guys can think of. PM me.
LoneSpar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking money was no object but that plan has changed. I do have a Thule rack, gutter feet and crossbars, but really want to go the basket route.
Drake69

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some name brands to keep an eye out for are Daystar, Wilderness, Kargo Master, Top Hat, Olympic Mountaineer, Bushman Steel, and Tectonic Modular. Generally, these all start out between the $300 ~ $600 range, then once you throw on options the price jacks up. I've always liked the Daystar with its built-in light tabs, most of the others offer that feature for $50 ~ $150 more.

Even if you never order from them, get the Quadratec catalog sent to your home. It's the FAO Schwartz of Jeep toys, but they are high priced compared to other online warehouses. That way, you can peruse through all the nifty pictures, make a wish list, THEN start your Google search more informed. Sometimes it can be a pain to sift through all the hits Google throws at you. Confused

A NOTE ABOUT DAYSTAR PRODUCTS: a few years ago, they ran short on production for many of their products, and waiting lists would sometimes extend to MONTHS for some of their products (their Prerunner bumper was famous for this...). I'm not sure if they've got their act together yet, so ask around when you research. Their website is also next-to-impossible to find as well. Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: