Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help! PLease JGCL feels liks it going to turn off.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EYESIC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Help! PLease JGCL feels liks it going to turn off. Reply with quote

Ok i drive a 1993 jeep grand cherokee L6 and yesterday a U joint broke and it messed up my differential housing. ok today i bought a new one... and ive been driving on my 4 hi since my rear differential is busted.. but thats not the prob... the problem is that when i press on the gas it feels like it going to turn off then all of a sudden it starts to work as normal... sometimes on a stop it makes noise and starts to feel like its going to turn off again... could this be the fuel pump? is there any problems with the swampy bypass? i would like to try that. anyone out there experience the same thing please let me know thanks.

HELLLLLLP PLEAAAAAAAASE!!!!!
OnAll4s

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps your throttle body needs a cleaning?
EYESIC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: It could Be Reply with quote

hmm im going to try that today actually since im going to do the 99+ intake manifold conversion
ill do that Thanks.
FARMER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the benefits of the 99+ manifold conversion?
EYESIC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: the upgrade Reply with quote

well if you do the 99+ manifold it fits more air than the regular manifold, this increases hp. If you really want to increase hp you can bore out the throttle body and and change the fuel injectors to 2000+ but you have to add like a regulator or something. i read it online look on google for 99+ intake manifold conversion and some guy explains it all he even has like tests before and after and i believe with these same upgrades he had a gain of 30HP. thats really good.
EYESIC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: * update/ FIX Reply with quote

Ok i found the fix... it was an air hose going from the intake manifold to a seonsor. dont know the name of the sensor fact is that i changed all the hoses to colored hoses to make it look nice turns out this color hose was really weak and it was sucked together not letting any air into it. I changed the hose and the problem is solved no more sputtering or turning off or trying to turn off. Awesome. I believe the sensor is the ambient air sensor.

Finger jeep demons trying to take my baby!!!!! Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: