Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RPM flux.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DankNesS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: RPM flux..... Reply with quote

Sad i really really am beggining to hate this since i cant figure out what it is... so when im gassing up to say 55mph no problemo but as soon as i let go of the throttle the rpms drop- no biggie this is all normal.. but when im coasting no gas for more then a secound itll drop one line on the rpm guage then go back to normal. then a few secounds repeat. it is a hell of a problem to diagnose cus it is not persistant. any time i try to show some one it doest do it. i really hate this with all my might and want to get it fixed ASAP.

ALSO im none to sure if its related but when i start it up in the mourning sometimes its a lil hesitant then kinda wants to die its all stumblin then after i give it gas wa la cherry.

.... and when in N or Park it will idle ok but then do the drop raise nonsense that i o so much despise. please help me diagnose this i hate throwing parts at it that dont need to be changed.

for some reason i was thinkn the fuel regulator... just cus when i start it and it does its gayness (which of course it DOESNT do every time) i can hear my inline MSD fuel pump get quiter then back to normal as the RPMS fluxuate.<---- SP sorry. i suck at spelling help is always VERY appreciated!!!!! thanks in advance
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have changed the TPS right???

If so .. Try the air charge temp sensor.. It is sticking out of the intake and has a single wire coming off of it.. On the v8 its on the passenger front ...

When you go in if they give you a bizzarely high price quote ask for the same part for a 19?? dodge truck with a 5.2 (?? means whatever year yours is.. IE 95 or whatever..)

When I replaced mine they wanted $99 for the part.. And it was $19 for the dodge part.. The conehead at the parts store tried to tell me that the part wouldnt work cause it was made for dodge engine not a Jeep engine and I asked him if by some magic the part new if I put it in a dodge block or a Jeep block .. Or for that matter what makes the Chrylser enblem on my block different from the one on a dodges engine block and he could not tell me..

So I put the part on and it worked like a charm..

But for the most part idle jumping is caused by TPS or Idle air control.. (usually TPS..) and keep in mind that if your tps has been on your ride more than 5 minutes and you have driven in even a piss puddle of water there is a chance its bad... rofl rofl

You may also want to disconnect your battery and turn on your key for 5 minutes to drain the computer backup battery ... Then rehook your battery and try again.. It could be a problem with the computers memory..

good luck..

Carl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also thinking tps or iac!

Quote:
i can hear my inline MSD fuel pump get quiter then back to normal

I'm just wondering if all the MSD pumps are as loud as mine? I know you can't hear mine, but if yours is like mine, you'll know what I mean. Also what have you guys done to quiet it down some (if anything)? I wrapped mine in some thick ass 1/4" rubber, then mounted a 15" square piece of rubber under the carpet, above the pump, and a piece between the pump and underside of the Jeep. It didn't help at all.
Sorry to get off topic!

DankNesS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess ill start with reseting the memory then maybe take the tps back and tell them its bad.. i have only had it on for about 3 weeks so its fairly new. maybe i can convince them it is faulty. if not then ill do the IAC. i grabbed one from a junk yard since i broke mine trying to clean it.

as for the MSD pump... i havent done anything to quiet it and its loud as hell! i can hear it over my exhaust wich is no cat flowmaster and a foot of pipe with a turn down.. i just turn the radio up and you cant even tell. it kinda sucks cus most common people think there is something severly wrong with my jeep
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds loud.. can you post a sound bite??

Mine was never super loud .. But it made a whining sound which mostly went away when I isolated it.. But the pump makes some noise..

The main reason manufacturers put the pump in the tank was to eliminate the noise..

The main reason I took mine out was cause I dont give a crap about noise.. rofl rofl rofl

Well.. That and my fuel pump kept crapping out.. Mr. Green

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DankNesS wrote:
as for the MSD pump... i havent done anything to quiet it and its loud as hell! i can hear it over my exhaust wich is no cat flowmaster and a foot of pipe with a turn down.. i just turn the radio up and you cant even tell. it kinda sucks cus most common people think there is something severly wrong with my jeep

Exactly the same for me. I also have no cat and a flowmaster. Passengers are always worried something is wrong. rofl I just turn up the radio also. I will post up the noise, but I will start another thread. Sorry to run off topic!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: