Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to get better Articulation out of my YJ

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheRo0sTer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info rangerpaul!

kygreenyj wrote:
Also if you have the three inch lift, get an SYE/CV kit, 1 in BL and 1 in MML, and you'll be pretty well set. Just some suggestions, Its what I run, and if my jeep wasn't a rust bucket I would feel extremely comfortable with it on the trail.

kygreen I know what BL stands for can you translate the rest?

SYE/CV=?
MML=?

I'm going to look into the telescoping track bar and of course I need to install the QDs.
kygreenyj

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha sorry, back when everyone had YJ's this stuff was pretty common, i guess im alittle behind the times (stupid TJ's)

SYE - slip yoke eliminator, it shortens your T-case giving you a longer drivshaft, also if you lose your drive shaft, the old slip yoke, won't come out and with it all the fluid

CV - is a driveshaft with a CV joint, it also has a slip in it to make up for the lack of one in the T-case after and SYE, both of these allow the drive shft to drop farther by decreasing the angle it drops

MML- Motor mount lift, if you have a 1 inch BL, you can get a 1 inch MML, this points the whole drive train down to decrease the angle of the drive shaft even more.

All of these together allow you to run with out a skidplate drop thats included in most lifts, so it lets you articulate more w/o binding your driveshaft, and it increases your ground clearance at the skid plate

hope that helps, lemme know if you have anymore questions, and I'll see if i can find pictures

06 Ford Escape Hybrid

03 KLR 650
TheRo0sTer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the torsion out and I don't think my transfer case like the angle the shaft sits. While on the trottle its fine. As soon as I let up I get this RrrRRrrr sound. I'm going to put it back in and see if it goes away. The sound also goes away when I apply the brakes.
SquarEyes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Trac bar Reply with quote

What are yall calling the trac bar? I wonder if it is what I call the Diff. centering bar usally only found on trucks with coil springs ie...1967 chevy.
If it is I would love to take mine off because it just cost me an engine by hitting the oil pan where the oil drained out.
rangerpaul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRo0sTer wrote:
I took the torsion out and I don't think my transfer case like the angle the shaft sits. While on the trottle its fine. As soon as I let up I get this RrrRRrrr sound. I'm going to put it back in and see if it goes away. The sound also goes away when I apply the brakes.
Lemme know what happens. I'm going to be installing a telescoping trackbar in the next couple weeks. I'm getting different anti sway discos as well. I hope that'll make it more streetable.

SquarEyes wrote:
What are yall calling the trac bar? I wonder if it is what I call the Diff. centering bar usally only found on trucks with coil springs ie...1967 chevy.
If it is I would love to take mine off because it just cost me an engine by hitting the oil pan where the oil drained out.
The track bar is the rod that runs diagonaly from the axle on one side of the jeep to the frame on the other side. On the front end it's usually parallel to the steering drag link.
TheRo0sTer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh it had nothing to do with a trackbar. Loose pinion. Shocked

I absolutely love my YJ without the Trac bar in it. Cool
yourownself

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i went with a 2.5" set of rancho leafs, and a 2" shackle "lift"

i had some NASTY articulation.

the only thing that limited my flex was the stock brake lines.

just goes to show you, a stiff leaf when paired with an outrageously long shackle can give you some great flex...

just make sure you have a limiting strap if you don't get longer brakelines...
stupid mistake there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> YJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: