Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tcase shifter rubber grommets?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brad S

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: tcase shifter rubber grommets? Reply with quote

Anyone know where I can pick up some replacement rubber grommets for the tcase shifter?

I need 3 of them I think. There are 3 joints along the shifter linkage where linkage joins together or mounts to a holding bracket. The ones that are in there are hard as a rock and won't squeeze back into the holes Sad
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the grommets I've come across are hard as a rock as well. I usually force them back in with a pair of pliers. Throw a bit of bearing grease on them to help em' through the hole.
Brad S

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the grease and it worked great on one, but I have another that looks like the edge is worn down and it doesn't want to stay in the hole...

Anyone know of where you can get replacements?
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried putting the linkage together after you get the one in the hole that is loose.. They fit pretty tight..

I am sure you can get them from Jeep but god only knows what they would cost and I have never seen a set that where completely unusable and every set I have ever seen was hard.. ..

I did work on a busted ass old YJ not long ago that had a problem with the linkage jumping out.. But it turned out to be bad tranny mounts..

His linkage had popped out about 50 times (according to him) I personally put them in for him 8 times.. Before I even bothered trying to figure out what was wrong.. (He wanted a cheap fix.. and cheap fix doesnt include searching for cause.. LOL..)

anyway.. I thought his where pretty much trashed but since I put the new tranny mount on .. He has had no problems..

Point is.. Yours are probobly not bad.. And I think they are supposed to be hard..

Hope that helps.. rofl

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Brad S

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure thing, I'll try messing with it some more. Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

straight from the factory parts list - are these the grommets you're looking for?

click the pic for full size...

Brad S

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I do believe part no. 10 is what I'm looking for. They go on the linkage connections in roughly no. 16, 18, and 20's locations.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those are dealer part numbers....i can't see the grommets costing too much. good luck with it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: