Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fire Power Ignition, Corbeau Front seat and new seat belt

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Fire Power Ignition, Corbeau Front seat and new seat belt Reply with quote

First, Torx bolts are the worst fastener ever conceived of by man.

Second, pictures to come next Wednesday night, (no CF reader with me)

Corbeau neoprene Front Seat (drivers side, passenger side should be similar):
1. Remove Front seat, two bolts from the top, two nuts from the bottom on the opposite corners.
2. Remove old seat from sliders. You have to slide the sliders back and fourth to expose both torx bolts (i believe they were #40) two out of the four of these stripped and i had to drill the heads off of them. The corbeau seat comes with new shiny bolts so no problem.
3. Attach sliders to new seat. On the Corbeau seat use the outermost holes, not the ones the bolts are put in from the factory.
4 Re-attach seat to floor pan. Make sure everything is lined up before tightening the bolts as the seat may not slide back and fourth if you don't have everything lined up right.

Seat belt:
1. remove old seat belt, 3 torx bolts, 1 on the bottom on each side, one at the top outboard side, all torx #47 (the bottom outboard side stripped and took me about 3 hours to get out, so soak them in liquid wrench or equivalent a day or two before.
2. I ended up reuseing the inboard side, because there was nothing wrong with it stock, and if you don't, you have to get the extender from quadratec, and that looked kind of shady to me.
3. reattach the top and bottom of the outboard side, now you realize that there's one extra piece, drill into the flat part of the floor near and foward of the inertial reel. Attach the free end of the belt with the included lock and flat washers.

Fire Power Ignition (coil, wires, rotor, and cap):
1. remove old cap wires and rotor.
2. install new rotor and cap.
3. remove the ground from the coil bracket and 2-wire connector from the coil, then remove the studs holding the bracket on. Now you can remove the coil from the bracket, and reinstall the new one in reverse.
4. using dielectric grease connect coil to cap, then wires in this order starting at the post marked 1 moving clockwise, 1, 5, 3, 6, 2, 4 (the wires are numbered, and if something doesn't fit you probably have a wire in the wrong place.)
5. remove and install new spark plugs (i used .040 gaps, might be able to go to .045, but .050, didn't seem to work) and connect the wires using dielectric grease.

I know these are pretty simplistic instructions, but just incase someone needs to know exactly how to do this stuff before ordering I hope this helps. Or if your a moron like me and you don't pre-soak your bolts, forget the ignition order, or mis gap your spark plugs, you've been warned.

The seat is great, has a nice net pocket on the back, I can't wait to order the passenger side. It does sit a little high, but I'm hoping it settles some. The new seat belt works fine, even with the old buckle side. Finally I feel like if i crash the inertial reel will actually lock. The ignition sounds and feels great, nothing spectacular, but it looks sweet, and I'm sure its working a lot better than the old crap wires.
94 Jeep YJ 3.5 inch lift 33's Tera SYE and CV driveshaft, More Sport Cage, BL/MML, rust

06 Ford Escape Hybrid

03 KLR 650
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Projects & Reviews All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: