Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interco SX-New sizes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
badger

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Interco SX-New sizes Reply with quote

Interco is releasing two brand new versions of its infamous SX tire line.

Both tires will be sold in 16.5, 17 and 20" rim sizes.

The SX2 will be a grooved version of the SX tread pattern and will be 42 x 15wide.

The SX will be still have its 14.5 footprint but be 43" tall

The SX2 line will also be available in all sizes down to 31" including a 40 x 13.5

The SX2 will be available sooner (late spring) with the SX following a month or so behind. Both tires will be DOT approved.

For more info and pictures(in a day or two) here is a link to the thread on Pirate 4x4.com

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
erslll

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And at the rate they are going, we might see a usable size SX2 before we die. Confused And by usable I mean 17" wheel in a 40 or 42" tire. I haven't even seen any mention of the smaller size SX2s for quite some time. Not sure why they would even bother with a 42" tire for a 15" wheel.
badger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to look at their web site. I will be running the 43x14.50-17LT.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
erslll

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

badger wrote:
You might want to look at their web site. I will be running the 43x14.50-17LT.

Ok, so they have the 43x14.5-17 listed but it is "TBA". After what I have seen with Interco to this point, I would read that "TBA" as "when ever we feel like it". In other words, maybe next week maybe 2 years from now. And it still only lists the one size for the SX2.

EDIT: I see that I am wrong about the 43x14.5-17 SX. It is shown as available on National Tire and Wheel. They are pretty proud of that one inch though, aren't they? $100 more for the 43 as compared to the 42. I still stand behind what I said above. Interco hasn't exactly been speedy or reliable when it comes to getting these new tires actually on the market. Heck, even once they are out, they don't seem to be that readily available. I am looking for some 40" LTBs, which have been out for about 6 months maybe, and they are currently back ordered for at least another month.
badger

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't rely on what the web page tells you all the time. It could be that they haven't updated it yet. As far as I know the 43's are out. 42 ? They are not making a 42 in the 17" rim size. They are only making 42's in 15" and 20" rim sizes. Even then the 15" rim is actually a SX2 which has a slightly different tread then the standard SX.

erslll

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you know they aren't making the 42" SX2 in a 17" wheel?

Edit: The 42 in the 20" rim is also an SX2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Tires All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: