Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mtv cribs song ??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
djgbsbj

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: mtv cribs song ?? Reply with quote

This is roughly based off my Doctor Who fanfic, roughly because I haven't written this scene yet It's when Sapphire and The Doctor part ways, te quotes are what she says to her sister about the Doct
as insulin resistance.The pancreas produces insulin, but the insulin no minerals such as calcium, magnesium and potassium Once again, the ultimate criterion of whether your current food intake (and activity level) constitutes
You can always decline Althya after all I would NEVER force myself on anybody but anyhow you're much too young for that stuff I only offer it to those who are over 21 and I had one pregnant fem
As you begin the pull-down look at the ceiling. Pull the bar down with force and touch or try to touch the top making millions of dollars buying and selling stock, primarily pharma
________
marijuana trichomes

Last edited by djgbsbj on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:16 am; edited 3 times in total
5.9 andy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

get a friend, and drive up a steep hill, have your buddy watach you, when you get as high as you can, if you have 1 wheel spinning, then you are open, if both spin, you got a track lock.

this will only tell you if you have a working limited slip,

the only real way to know is to pop the diff cover.
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack up the rear end and put the t-case in neutral. Spin one of the tires by hand, if the other spins in the same direction you have trak-lock, if it spins in the opposite direction you have an open carrier. Check the cover for any LSD id tags. Or like Andy said, pull the cover and have a look. While you're at it you'll be able to change the diff fluid, which is probably needed!
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess im the only person who just did a burn out hahaha , not recomended . do what orange said , i did that first and did a burn out to see how well it worked .
djgbsbj

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, i jacked up the back of my jeep and tried turning the wheel. When i turn the left wheel forward the other wheel spins backward. But i tried going up a hill and both wheels were spinning. I dont get it.
________
vapor genie vaporizer

Last edited by djgbsbj on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if they have even traction they will both spin with an open differential . usually one breaks free though .

does it have a little tag that says use limited slip additive or anything on the differential cover ?
djgbsbj

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant tell what is on the diff. I guess it has leaked at some point in time because its a little corroded. Just enough to make it impossible to read.
________
universal health warehouse

Last edited by djgbsbj on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
yourownself

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you jeep is unmolested, and still has all the warning stickers on it, open your glovebox, there should be a sticker in there saying you have a "locking style diff" and giving special instructions for jacking up.

what happens when you jack up the rear end will be the true test though. if you have a trac lock, they'll always spin the same way, if not, you definately have an open diff.
ks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have the sticker in the glove compartment, but when I am in sand, sometimes only one wheel spins (Along with the diagonaly opposite one). The other is stationary.

Pls advise.
quadna71

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ks wrote:
Hi,

I have the sticker in the glove compartment, but when I am in sand, sometimes only one wheel spins (Along with the diagonaly opposite one). The other is stationary.

Pls advise.

the factory tracloc is subject to wear like any other component on your jeep. it is based upon discs that rub against each other and will lose their effectiveness over time. it never was designed to act like a locker anyways...just to give increased resistance without full lockup between the two wheels. how many miles on your axle?
ks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

100,000 miles. i understand that they may have worn out but just need to digure out if they were there so as to replace them if it can be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Drivetrain All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: