Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi Lift mount... again...

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Hi Lift mount... again... Reply with quote

Hey kids... just registered, first post...

I had to sell my 95 YJ at the end of the summer and just got my hands on a 06 Rubi... and am now thinking of problems... I bought my YJ with 130K on it, so I had no problem shredding it offroad, but now I realize that I need to be a bit more careful with my new DD...

I'm looking into getting a Hi Lift, but have no idea (just like the other million posts I've looked at before registering) where to mount it. I just hooked up Daylighters on windshield mounts... so even if they wouldn't interfere, I don't think I want anything more above the hood.

One thing I have sitting around is the KC aux bumper mount bar, meant for their lights but I don't need it anymore... and I've seen a very similar product advertised for mounting a hi lift on the front bumper... can I mount it on this bar without taking off my factory fog lights? It doesn't seem like the 4ft'er would fit.

I've never owned a Hi Lift before... as cool as I think it looks mounted outside the car, would it be a better option to mount it behind my back seat/ behind the back of the roll cage, inside the top? I'd rather own and keep a nice piece of gear than look cool...

Any thoughts would certainly be appreciated. Thanks, and glad to be back among friends (after driving an avalon for 4 months... terrible)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mounted mine behind the roll bar, above the rear seat, with pipe clamps. Just wrap the pipe clamp around the roll bar, and bolt it through the slots on the high lift with wing nuts.

I no longer use one because they are so dangerous. Most everything can be done with a bottle jack or rock stacking Smile

Please be careful when using a high lift jack. Be sure to stay back from the arm. I had a friend who nearly took his eye out with it.

Tam Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a while I just had mine sitting on the back of the rear wheel arches, between the roll cage and the tailgate. I had it strapped with some small nylon webbing straps so it didnt rattle and in case I got rear ended it wouldn't turn into a javelin. Seemed to work OK - I since got a rear tire carrier bumper that has a HiLift mounting place that seems better (especially if the jack is dirty).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: