Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To Fit 38"s

View previous topic :: View next topic  
1070ryan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: To Fit 38"s Reply with quote

I have a set of 38"s in my garage and was just ondering whether i could fit them on with a 2" spacer lift w/ 6" lift shocks, and a 4 inch suspension lift kit? Thanks.
flyerjib

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no.
Custom bumpers
Ramsey Winch
Herculiner interior
Neoprene seat covers
Dana 44s front and rear w/ air lockers and hub conversion+much, much more... OlllllllO
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
H2recovery1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: sure Reply with quote

i dont see why you couldnt i have a 4inch with 33's and i can fit 35's. I put the 33's on when it was stock, how wide are your 38's?
ehirner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Re: sure Reply with quote

H2recovery1 wrote:
i dont see why you couldnt i have a 4inch with 33's and i can fit 35's. I put the 33's on when it was stock, how wide are your 38's?

No, it will not work without significant cutting of the body.
Jeep_addict

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have installed a 6" on a tj (basically what you are thinking of doing) with 35's on it. plenty of room unless you plan on a lot of articulation. I think you can do it but you may need to change to different style of flare. Zenon makes a flat fender flare that should work. You also need to re-gear, but my guess is you were going to do that anyway.
mygreenjeep

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible, yes. Will it function the way you want, probably not. Example: I'm running a 5.5 RE LA w/ 1" BL. I have about a foot above the tires to the flares with 35's. Plenty of room to put 38's on. Heck, I even threw 40's on it just to see how it looks. However, w/ 35's and flexed out, the tires stuff right up in the flares and just miss rubbing by about a 1/2 inch. The other thing you need to consider is axles and gears. 38's will need at least 5.13's to be functionable. If you're still running D30 on the front, it won't last long. Even if you have a D44 in the rear, a little too much skinny pedal and you'll blow it. Hope this info helps a bit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> TJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: