Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how do you bore out the throttle boddy?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
djgbsbj

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: how do you bore out the throttle boddy? Reply with quote

also, will it significantly increse my power. Oh its a 2.5 not a 4.0. if it matters
________
Honda Avancier history

Last edited by djgbsbj on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Brad The Best

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no
Drake69

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I've read about the 2.5L, just boring out the TB won't help very much. The best performance for a 2.5L would be stroking the engine, but the cost is prohibitive compared to a full-on 4.0L swapout.

Here is another webpage talking about swapping out JUST your 2.5L TB for a 4.0L one, but I'm not sure about the fitment (NOTE: this is for a YJ).

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/atropine/docs/tb.html

To drill out the throttle body, you need to take apart your air hose from the filter box and remove the TB from the top of the engine. You'll need a new gasket to replace the other one from the removal, but when you clean the TB off and sit the gasket nice and even along the top of it, there'll be a ring of metal exposed by what the gasket doesn't cover. This is approximately how much you can drill SAFELY to widen it out, and you'll need to go as far down as the fuel injector opening inside the TB (which you'll see when you remove the diaphragm. HINT: VERY small screws!!!). Then all that's left to do is put it on a drillpress with a diamond-grinder and start shaving down the inside of the TB until you get as close as you feel comfortable to the edge of the ring. Make sure you get ALL shaved metal out of the middle, as you don't want that stuff mixing in the cylinders. Then you just reattach everything with a good gasket seal and you're done.

NOTE: Even for 4.0L engines, just boring out a TB isn't enough. Changes in airflow, front AND rear, will be needed for noticible effect. This means coldair intake (or a snorkel), cat replacement, and a new muffler (new performance headers never hurt). Hope this helps.

Brad The Best

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't think it is worth the time and whistle you will get .

cheapest thing to do is to sell it and buy a cherokee with a 4.0 in it .
djgbsbj

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i have had people tell me that b4 but i just dont want to sell it. Despite the lack of power(which isnt bad 4 a 4cylinder) i just really like this jeep. I plan to keep it until it falls apart.
________
how to roll joints
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: