Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

correct rear?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kimsheena1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: correct rear? Reply with quote

new to 4 wheelin.. bought a wrangler 1990 4x4 6cyl. the rear went out and i can't figure out which one it is, 3.07, 3.54, or 3.73. i got
2 1390 DANA D 42828 PL818 43 14 off the ring gear, is this helpful in any way?

open for opinions, should the existing rear be switched out for something more mud ready? and is it possible?
hutchman
Captain Kirk
Captain Kirk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing here, but I bet you have a 3.07 from the numbers you provided. The last two numbers are 43/14 which is probably the tooth count on the ring and pinion. Since you already have it apart far enough to get these numbers, just count the teeth on the ring and pinion gears to verify this.
ehirner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hutchman wrote:
I'm guessing here, but I bet you have a 3.07 from the numbers you provided. The last two numbers are 43/14 which is probably the tooth count on the ring and pinion. Since you already have it apart far enough to get these numbers, just count the teeth on the ring and pinion gears to verify this.

I was going to say the same thing. 43/14=3.07
kimsheena1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: correct rear Reply with quote

thanks for replies guys, all very helpful we are new at this, but not giving up this soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> YJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: