Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How many miles do y'alls cherokees have on them?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toliver09

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, my 92 laredo 4.0 HO was purchased at 203,912 about 2 weeks ago. The odometer stopped working the owner said probably 3 years ago (due to a speedo sensor going bad and never was replaced) after replacing that I've put another 2000 on it (i drive 80-120 miles daily) Engine still runs good but the main seals are bad so it leaks oil (was leaking when I got it) So im going to take the motor out of the 91 cherokee 4.0 out here and rebuild it with a .430 cam Twisted Evil And I didnt take the time to look but my jeep came with a Thorley header attached to the stock exhaust... Definately gunna have to let the header breathe a bit Wink

Last edited by Toliver09 on Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pipxj

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 93 four banger has 230k on the odometer right now. Still runs great. Starting to spit a little oil so I'm thinking about a new valve cover and gasket.
dry suit diver

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

150K on the 96 when i traded it in at the beginning of the month.

engine was running sweet as a nut, transmission was starting to make funny noises on idle and rear axle had been rebuilt at 137K front UJs replaced at 141K.

the propane fuel system was needing some seriuos attention though and was going to cost $2K to repair so it had to go.

I bought a XK hopefully it will run as long as the XJ
monkeyman3875

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sittin on 130k miles w/ no major problems to speak of apart from the cooling system (bad previous owner). I replaced the transmission fluid and both axles and t-case and found no metal shavings at all in either diff. The only problems I have had have been small and really are just inconveniences, such as a broken window lock switch (no window controls work but the driver's side), and a quirky Neutral Safety Switch (which I won't pay $150 to replace).

And to those who have been following my recent posts, the oil pressure problems i think were caused by a loose connection where the oil pressure sending unit meets the harness.
-130k Miles (and counting)-> let me know of any preventative maintenance you guys can think of. PM me.
Dakar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my old '92 XJ Laredo at 158,000 and drove it to about 240,000 before selling it this past fall. The guy Is a missionary and he drove it down to mexico. It's got 250,000 on it now and it's still going strong. In my experience the engines will run forever, but you just need to stop an oil leak or two along the way. my current '98 XJ has got 120,000 on it and it runs AWESOME! (although I did just have to replace the clutch).
THULE M.O.A.B. roof basket
BAJA Lights (because doing it in the dark rocks!)

about to install exhaust, steering stabilizer, throttle body spacer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Jeepster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 94 4.0lt HO has 99600 - a spritely young thing! We bought her off ebay sight unseen (which was a bit stupid I admit) for 1000. Converted her to LPG (soon pics on the photo forum if your interested) and never looked back. Yes, she might drop abit of oil and is more expensive to run than your average family blob mobile, but hey! The smile on my face when that big engine roars (and boy does she!) into life is priceless.
98CherokeeLTD

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife has a 98 LTD with 206,000 and i just picked up (yesterday) a 92 Laredo with 169,000
here's mine...(needs some work tho, but can't complain for $800)
ecologito

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 98 Cherokee Sport, with 149,000 miles and it runs great. I am getting about 16 mpg with K&N oil and air filters and fully synthetic oil.

I think some other parts are getting old like the window elevator failing on me yesterday and the A/C acts funky ( not so cold and sometimes it starts a defrost and after a few minutes it will start throwing air where you need it). and the turn signal works but after making a turn they won't go off, they keep blinking so I have to turn them off manually.

That's about it, pretty happy with my jeep and I just have to keep up with the little plastic stuff
arxj

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well looks like i got a low mileage cherokee. I have a 96 with 176,000
mexirican

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1990 Cherokee Sport 4x4 I-6 with 173,000. Got it with 162,000. I had to install a new water pump, radiator, power steering pump and injectors. So I'm into it about $3000 including the cost of the Jeep itself but the body is flawless with a 3" lift and new tires(when i bought it).
mfrank123

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a '96 with current milage of 321,196 and going strong
nad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is insane. I just bought my 99 with 139K on it. Seems to run pretty good, has a slight knock and I'm battling my coolant leak probelm right now (water pump). But other than that, body wise and mechanical wise, it's in good shape.
Doug1

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'93 xj with 225ks. The only oil issue was a rocker cover gasket(hangin' out at the back). Runs strong! My '00 xj has 130ks and has had no problems. My '61 Willys Super Hurricane six banger has an unknown amount of miles and still fires up runs strong but won't stop. It could use a new carb. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: