Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whats your gas mileage?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dakota, nobody has done any lynching, yet! Wink There's nothing wrong with Land Cruisers IMO. Stating that you're starting to think Jeeps are not so good, based on your experience with one model and one year, is a bit absurd. Like Phantum said you have an issue that needs to be addressed. You say your XJ is very well maintained. What maintainence is performed on it? We can propably help you get your mpg's somewhat back to "normal", but first we'll need to know what you have and haven't done to it. You should start a new thread, in the cherokee forum.
440_Magnum

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dakota_au wrote:
i have 1996 4L everything standard and well maintained.
Getting a lousy 8mpg on highway.

the question is what should be looked at to improve this ????

My 30 year old landcruiser gets 20mpg , starting to think jeeps are not so good.
Sad

There's obviously a LOT that can be done to improve that- you're getting exactly half what my bone-stock '99 4.0 5-speed 4x4 gets in CITY driving! Something's way, way wrong. Even if it feels like its running well, something's wrong. Check for computer codes- with the mileage that far in the dumpster it sure seems like some code would be thrown. My guess would be a bad O2 sensor, clogged exhaust system, leaking injector(s), etc. Don't overlook the little stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: