Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

xj keeps dying at running temp

View previous topic :: View next topic  
muddin93xj

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: xj keeps dying at running temp Reply with quote

im a newb to the forum so maybe yall can help me out i've got a 93 xj sport and at a recent mudding trip as we were about to leave my jeep just died let it sit for a couple minutes wouldn't start after about an hour or so it starts back up but bucked real bad or died when below about 2,000 rpm well i read around and heard that it could be my CPS so i changed that still died everytime but it only does this when it gets to about running temp or slightly higher can anyone help me out here
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there any moisture under the ditributor cap?
muddin93xj

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no i replaced that before i repaced the cps and i didn't see anything i did the "key trick" and got back 12 27 27 27 27 55 i don't understand how i got the same code back 4 times
kaos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code 27 means, according to http://jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2719, "Injector circuit isn't switching when it's told to (TBI)". Not sure precisely what that means, but I would be taking a closer look at the throttle body and it's connections if I were you. I guess it could also mean a malfunction in the ECU, which would be bad news. Let's hope not.

As to why you get the code four times, I'm only guessing here, but maybe the ECU stores the code each time the problem occurs, so the last four "code-worthy" problems you have had have been of this kind?

--
Regards,
Kári
adamzski

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on OBDI when you do the key trick or cross pins it almost always will flash every code present, in numerical order, 3 or 4 times, just to make sure you got it. that explains that, as far as you problem, i would check the wireing and then look into the injectors themselves. it sounds like its stuck in some kind of a cold start mode and isnt switching to a normal closed loop operation.
Mud Terrains
Jet performance chip
K&N Intake
Flowmaster exhaust
Custom wheels
Locked Diffs
Kenwood head, infinity speaks, pioneer subs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: