Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

driveline opinion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adamzski

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: driveline opinion Reply with quote

So my lift kit came with shims for the leafs, (unknown what degree) but it still had a hefty driveline vibe after the lift was installed. so i dropped the transfer case an inch, which helped but did not eliminate it. when i look under there it looks to me like the pinion angle is too high, especially in comparison the angle at the t-case. i was just wondering if you guys think that the shims wern't meant to be used with a t-case drop as well, and it should be one or the other, cause looking it at, that may fix my problem. from what i hear i shouldnt have much vibe from a 4" kit anyway.
Mud Terrains
Jet performance chip
K&N Intake
Flowmaster exhaust
Custom wheels
Locked Diffs
Kenwood head, infinity speaks, pioneer subs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DavidXJ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your driveshaft has standard u-joints on both ends, the pinion yoke angle and the transfer case yoke angle should be the same. If they are not, you should get new shims that rotate the rear axle until the pinion yoke angle matches the tranfer case yoke angle.

If your driveshaft has a standard u-joint on one end and a CV joint at the other, then the pinion yoke should aim about 2 degrees below the center of the CV joint (at the tranfer case).
adamzski

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, thats what i thought. its just got standard joints at either end, theyre also brand new so i dont want to chew them up., the angle from pinion to shaft is almost dead straight, cause its obviously pointed up a little, which is why i thought i'd remove the shims. so it sounds like you agree.
Mud Terrains
Jet performance chip
K&N Intake
Flowmaster exhaust
Custom wheels
Locked Diffs
Kenwood head, infinity speaks, pioneer subs
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: