Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

e-brake went out while parked and hit off duty cop car

View previous topic :: View next topic  
victom of recall

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: e-brake went out while parked and hit off duty cop car Reply with quote

my story is....

2 days ago I had just started to order my breakfast ,when a man came to me and said my jeep just hit his truck- complete shock to me and I thought no way that could happen. It was parked , in gear and e-break was on. Well as I stood there looking at the accident thinking this can't be real.. I had a !@#$- weekend and now I can't even order my breakfast.... the man who owns the truck my jeep hit said "my name is officer BLAH BLAH BLAH and I need to ask you a few questions" ... I almost lost it. I couldn't understand why this would happen. I gave the cop my info, he filed a report and advised me he would be in contact with me. So I was telling a friend what happened to me and trying to figure out what went wrong and he mentioned that a recall was sent out for the e-break on a jeep and to check it out well he was right but the recall was sent before I was the owner of this jeep. What do I do.. My insurance will go up if I claim it and I can't even afford the crap this guy sent me as an estimate for repair to his Truck? SO I am stuck sending in a claim now.. crappy I could understand if I was in the jeep or left it out of gear or something but I wasn't even in the car or near it when it happened...and I left the car the way you should... What would you do????
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A recall is a recall - they're safety recalls. So you can still bring it into the dealership to have the work performed (along with any other open recalls.) Was it his private vehicle or a gov't vehicle? If it's a gov't vehicle, you might as well call your insurance so they're not blindsided because most likely the agency's risk management will be contacting your insurance. If it's his personal vehicle, see if he'll agree to get a couple of estimates in the event the one he went with is on the high side. What kind of damage was there on his vehicle?
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry!

rofl rofl rofl

Mr. Green
victom of recall

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: E BREAK RECALL Reply with quote

It was the officers personal car, the damage was to the bumber and he had some rubber step pads in the back that may need to be replaced. The tail gate was bent some by the spare tire but not to bad. The problem we are facing is it could have damagd the reinforcment bar and rear impact absorber but that was not in the quote since they can not tell the damage with out removing the bumper. I think the cop is reporting it to his insurance which makes me have to report to mine.. I wonder if every registered owner would have been sent a letter of recall when the car was registered again and it was never fixed. I'm sure they have to have a list of what vin # was fixed so wouldn't the new registered owner get some type of a second notice to get replaced?
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was an outstanding recall on my old truck when I bought it. About 6 months after I bought it, I started getting the notice and I kept getting them until I took it in for the work (it was minor, so I wasn't too stressed about getting it done.) Some states (CA is one of them) won't let you register it if there are certain recalls outstanding. Not sure where you are though or if your state does that. You can look up recalls here.
victom of recall

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for listening and offering your assistance I apreciate all your advise. Have a great day-
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go ahead and report it. Its not a moving violation.. Your rates probably wont go up... But either way.. Thats what insurance is for.. Let them do their job...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
lakeland713xj

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atleast on he off duty... i at a redl light that had a good little hill to it and a onduty cop in his patrol car was real closse behind im talking like inches and when i went to leave i rolled back and my hitche went thru his bumper.... i got imporper reversing a 121 dollar ticket my insurance sky rocketed....

6.5" rough county
33x12.50 toyo mts
viper24242

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So he was to close and you got the ticket? Maybe his department has a policy to charge on duty police with traffic violations they make and he didn't want another ticket. Or he didn't want to tell his boss he screwed up.
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
Rusty's steering stabilizer
AEM throttle body spacer
120 amp alternator upgrade
Rusty's Tie Rod Conversion
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends where you are - most agencies have an outside dept investigate accidents involving on-duty vehicles to prevent an improprieties. And if you rolled backward when you were supposed to be moving forward, you're at fault. Wink
swamp boy
Cherokee Muderator
Cherokee Muderator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

on a not really related similar subject.. A buddy of mine in a baton Rouge Louisiana police officer (heretofore called "the peoples")

So... "the Peoples" was driving down the road last night trying to pass the last 45 minutes of his shift and maybe get home on time.., when all of a sudden a Suburban starts tailgating him.. He is hoping for an uneventfull rest of shift so he turns right, into a parking lot .

The suburban pulls right up on his butt..

This driver of the suburban(heretofore refered to as "the Douche") then proceeds to jump out of his car holding a piece of paper...

The paper was his reserve commision and "the douche" actually thought he was making a traffic stop on a uniformed officer in a marked police car.. "The Douche" even had the duty officer of the department he is a reserve for on the phone trying to explain what he was doing...

Apparently "the douche" was Pacing the Unit said "the peoples" was speeding.

The duty officer on the phone spoke to "the peoples" for a minute ............ And next thing you know............

"The douche" is in cuffs in the back of the unit.. And "the peoples" is not happy.. He now not only not get off on time but "the Peoples" has to process "the douche" because "the douche" was driving drunk......rofl rofl

"The Peoples" came over to the shop today he was still mad.... rofl

*The Peoples and the Douche are not real names...*

Moral of this story...
If you are driving around Baton Rouge and you see this unit..

you might not want to pull him over he wont think its funny......

(I blurred the unit number off his car just incase someone decides to try...)

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an idiot. spit
viper24242

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how long will it be before we see a link to the smoking gun website here?

Oh, here it is...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
Rusty's steering stabilizer
AEM throttle body spacer
120 amp alternator upgrade
Rusty's Tie Rod Conversion
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General BS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: