Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jeep door wall mount

View previous topic :: View next topic  
quadna71

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Jeep door wall mount Reply with quote

in the past i had always mounted my full doors on the garage wall by way of shelf brackets, tube foam, and maybe a few shop rags wrapped around the brackets to make sure the doors didn't get scratched. her half doors, on the other hand, usually ended up in the back of a closet all summer since they didn't have the top frame to hang them from.

well, fast forward to this year in the new house and garage and i'm working on finally getting the garage setup the way i want. after two coats of kilz on the walls i started looking at ways of hanging the doors again. this time i wanted to make use of the larger garage and find a way to hang not only my doors but hers as well.

i started looking around on the 'net and finally decided on the wall mounts from 33 engineering. now, i've had extremely bad luck in the past with the off road toy store (33 eng's parent company) - enough that i've been steered away from them for the past 4 1/2 years....but it seems that they are the only one offering this specific mount that i liked. so i put my reservations aside and passed along my CC info online and waited a week to get the new mounts.

they arrived well packaged and shipped directly from them instead of drop-shipped from somewhere else - they make them on their own so that made sense....but part of my anger towards the company had stemmed from drop-shipped parts so.....

anyways, they are pretty simple and idiot proof when it comes to mounting. there is no top or bottom...either end is the same. basically 4 long rings welded to some rectangle box tubing finished off with a good black powdercoating. one of the welds on the right lower ring got a little messy and keeps the door from sitting flush on the ring's upper surface. i opted to just leave it like it is rather than grind down the weld since i didn't want to mess up perfectly good powdercoating. two long lag bolts were included for mounting and they went in fine with the medium setting on my impact gun.

on a final note, some sort of securing clip would be nice to keep the doors from swinging out and away from the wall - but at this point her doors seem to be resting against the wall just fine. i'll probably string a bungy cord across the front of them to keep the wind from buffeting them when the door is open. that's about it - so far a good feeling from them...enough at least that i'm about to pull the trigger on another mount for my doors.
chris (still harbors "pissed off-ness" towards ORTS...but at least its starting to fade)

front view

side view

closeup of mounts

Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are pretty nifty! Cool
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Jeep door wall mount Reply with quote

quadna71 wrote:
(still harbors "pissed off-ness" towards ORTS...but at least its starting to fade)

Hehe, being bitter's the only reason I get outta bed in the morning Mr. Green . Pretty trick mounts there, I'd consider them but I just have these bad visions of the kids 'opening and closing' the doors against the wall.... rofl
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Projects & Reviews All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: