Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

URGENT ACTION NEEDED- NEW Johnson Valley Specific Plan

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeepGal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: URGENT ACTION NEEDED- NEW Johnson Valley Specific Plan Reply with quote

I know alot of you guys are on the other side of the country, but we need your help!

Johnson Valley, the Southern California Rock Crawling Mecca, is being considered by the Marines as a new training and artillery range!

A picture of one of our recent trips out:

(Chris' Jeep is the blue one Smile)

We need your support! Please sign the petition to Save Johnson Valley

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/SaveJohnsonValley/

Please pass this around to other boards as well. Im attending the meeting in El Cajon, Ca on Saturday, and would like to have in excess of 1000 names. I only have one more day to get it done.

Thank you so much for you support!

Tam Smile

Last edited by JeepGal on Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tim Hallam

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,

If the Marines want it they'll get it... Sorry.

I'll sign your petition but if it's the military that wants it then they'll get it.

Take care -

Tim Hallam
quadna71

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i signed it when you posted/linked it on the bbs earlier this week Smile
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: OHV Access is Theme at Town Hall Meeting Reply with quote

SAN DIEGO, CA (March 24, 2008) - Loss of off-highway vehicle access to popular federal recreation sites in Southern California was the main theme at a town hall meeting hosted by Congressman Duncan Hunter at Cuyamaca College on the outskirts of San Diego. Mike Pool, the director for the California Office of the Bureau of Land Management, also shared the podium at the March 22 meeting.

Over 200 off-roaders attended the event and many expressed concerns about the various competing interests that are impacting recreational opportunities in the California Desert region. The proposed expansion of the Marine Corps base into the Johnson Valley OHV Area, renewable energy construction projects, the endless parade of eco-lawsuits filed by anti-access groups against federal land agencies, and new Wilderness plans were the main points of contention.

Don Amador, Western Representative for the BlueRibbon Coalition, states, "I think this meeting was a true 'grassroots' success. It was not just representatives from organized groups that spoke, but many individuals took time out of the holiday weekend to make their voices heard."

"Both Congressman Hunter and Director Pool assured the crowd that the military was now acutely aware that Johnson Valley is an internationally recognized and world-class OHV recreation area. Hunter also made a promise to the group that he would meet with the Marine Corps in the next two weeks to discuss this issue and see if a solution can be found," Amador said.

"The event hosts urged OHVers to stay engaged in the political and land-use planning processes. The group was also reminded about shrinking federal recreation budgets and that supporting trail volunteer efforts and user-fee programs at selected sites will be key factors in the public land-use equation," Amador concludes.

Full Article

JeepGal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: New Petition Reply with quote

please sign the new petition to Save our beloved JV from the Marines expansion.

As many of you know, Johnson Valley OHV is being seriously considered by the US Marine Corps as their new training area. The public scoping meetings and studies have been completed. The Public Comment period ends on January 31st, 2009.

The majority of the options that were offered took all or a portion of Johnson Valley, the sixth was to do nothing at all (which is unlikely).

Based upon Brad Mitzelfelts letter to Dianne Feinstiens office, we have drafted a new more specific petition that outlines an option that would de-designate a portion of wilderness area that is acceptable to the Marines. The wilderness area in question is not considered quality wilderness area, AND has already been used for military training in the past.

We need the public's support for the Marines to even CONSIDER this option.

It is imperative that you read and sign, including your email and mailing addresses. Upon the end of the comment period, this petition will be submitted initially to the Marines, and then we will forward the signatures and addresses to each local legislator.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS LINK TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW WITH AN INTEREST IN SAVING OUR PUBLIC LANDS. WE ONLY HAVE UNTIL JANUARY 31ST TO GET THIS SIGNED!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/SaveJohnsonValley-SpecificPlan

Thank you for your time and support. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any questions.

Tam Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
TJ Apex

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I don't rock crawl, I signed the petition largely because in California the "green" people rule and they don't want to us to have responsible fun. Plus I know a lot of guys that take there dirt bikes there regularly.
Duane

02' Apex Edition,
2" BB, 31" BFG AT's
JeepGal

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are currently at ~9400 signatures.

The petition itself is about 4 lbs. In your hands, it feels powerful. Holding it, you truly feel the nearly 10,000 names it represents.

Since you all cant hold it, I thought you might like to see a picture of the last one I printed.

This is the reason I think each Congressman needs to have a copy of it in their hands.

We could use some small donations to help get this printed out.

You can donate at:http://www.pfjv.org/donations_needed.htm

Please reference PFJV (Partnership for Johnson Valley) in the memo area.

Thank you ALL for your support. Please continue circulating this petition. bring it back to the top at other boards you frequent. Id like to print this out for circulation to Congress at 10,000 signatures.

There is also a new website thats easier to remember just for the petition www.SaveJohnsonValley.com

Tam Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Land Use Issues All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: