Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's everyone been working on?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
viper24242

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also keep in mind that in some states its an inspection point so you would might have to put the, hopefully, sway bar back on to get it inspected. Ot at least so I've been told but it never hurts to be prepared.

I got off my lazy butt and put new pads in the brakes. I forgot how much I hate drum brakes. Makes you just want to have 8 sets of hands sometimes. Can't wait till I have the money to get a rear end with disks to swap in. Even if just for the sake of convenience.
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
Rusty's steering stabilizer
AEM throttle body spacer
120 amp alternator upgrade
Rusty's Tie Rod Conversion
Brad S

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Erm, did you pull the trackbar or the swaybar? There is quite a bit of difference. I would not recommend pulling the trackbar, simply from first principles: It's purpose is to keep the axle centered under the vehicle, and if it's missing it's got to put a great deal of stress on the longitudional arms. Essentially, you will trying to twist their mounting points off each time the car leans into a turn.
The swaybar is quite a different story. It's purpose is to keep the car level in turn's, but at the cost of less flex. Loosing that would affect stability in turns, but shouldn't be any structural threat.

lol, wow ok yeah - typed that without thinking. I was talking about the rear swaybar. I'm not that dumb, just not thinking while typing.
I'm not sure you would get far without a trackbar...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's nice then Very Happy . I didn't mean to call you dumb, btw. It was just that the thought of somebody driving around without their trackbar had me worried Very Happy .

--
Regards,
Kári
Brad S

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, I just couldn't believe I wrote that and didn't want anyone to be alarmed. Thanks for the concern!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: