Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My 1994 LPG (autogas) converted Cherokee

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Jeepster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: My 1994 LPG (autogas) converted Cherokee Reply with quote

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]
The 70 litre underslung tank - the small 20 litre petrol is hidden behind it.
[img][/img]
You can see it better in these photos
[/img][img]
[/img][img][/img]
viper24242

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is LPG liquid petrolium gas? What are the benifits and cost? I've heard about people doing a natural gas swap but seems like it would be a pretty big switch.
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
Rusty's steering stabilizer
AEM throttle body spacer
120 amp alternator upgrade
Rusty's Tie Rod Conversion
The Jeepster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is Liquid Petroleum Gas. The cost per litre is currently 49p (petrol is now 1.04 a litre)
Depending on the type of kit (single or multi point) and where the tank is put, it can cost between 1500 to 2200. The kit on this Jeep is a bigas multi point, one of the best on the market. The total was 2200, the most expensive thing was the custom made 20 litre petrol tank!
Its been on for nearly two years and has certainly paid for itself. The only thing I wish it had was a bigger gas tank or room for twins (limited room underneath) we can only get a 170 mile radius on the LPG, so each long haul trip has to planned - but with a little internet research this hasn't been a problem.
The Jeepster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We just topped 5.00 a gallon for petrol in the U.K - I'm paying 2.25 for a gallon of LPG. I'm one relieved Jeep owner, but I'm real sorry for the Jeep owners paying through the nose for fuel.
viper24242

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, so are you basically paying half the price of a gallon of gas now with lpg? I thought about doing all that stuff to my jeep but I bought a motorcycle instead. 50-60 miles a gallon is gonna be nice. 23 days till I can take the road test to get rid of this stupid learners though.
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
AEM throttle body spacer
The Jeepster

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A motorbike is great when it's sunny but I know what I'd prefer when it pi*!ing down with rain.
viper24242

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to sound like the typical ignorant American but I have the stereotypical image of the cold drizzle of the UK in my mind when you talk about rain. I've been to Seattle WA and it seems to rain about every day. My friend says its either raining in the morning or raining in the afternoon. He told me he rarely saw three days in a row without rain. And given the geographical similarities of the US north west coast and the UK, how often do you guys get rain? Just curious really.

If the summer around here in Virginia is anything like last summer, I'm looking at a lot of riding time!
Flowmaster 50
Rusty's air tube
AEM throttle body spacer
hutchman
Captain Kirk
Captain Kirk

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap, a little rain shouldn't keep you from riding...........
The Jeepster

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viper24242 wrote:
I don't want to sound like the typical ignorant American but I have the stereotypical image of the cold drizzle of the UK in my mind when you talk about rain. I've been to Seattle WA and it seems to rain about every day. My friend says its either raining in the morning or raining in the afternoon. He told me he rarely saw three days in a row without rain. And given the geographical similarities of the US north west coast and the UK, how often do you guys get rain? Just curious really.

If the summer around here in Virginia is anything like last summer, I'm looking at a lot of riding time!

It not too bad really, we just have a variable and temperate climate. We can go long than 3 days without rain (honest) Last month for an example we had 5-6 days of rain the whole month and as our summer kicks in we'll have less. We also have the added benefit of the Gulf Stream (or North Atlantic Drift). Warmer weather in the south west, colder in Scotland, I'm somewhere in the middle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Photo Album All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: