Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shackle Help...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevied

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Shackle Help... Reply with quote

My son put new springs all the way around on his 92 YJ and it now rides like a log truck. It has a 2" body lift and the front springs are OEM replacements with the rear providing 3" lift. The rear shackles are straight up and down but the front are normal /. Should the rear shackles be replaced to provide more flex??? I am the one asking the questions because I should be getting this baby back.... Want to get it done right before I get it....
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.jeephorizons.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=12987
stevied

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Orange,
I saw this post a while back but was still a little confused on the shackle issue. As in the post, I understand I should get some longer shackles for the rear, Boomerangs seem to be the common choice. Will the longer shackles pull the springs out more (flatten)? I see where they will give more articulation, I just don't want any more lift. Is this still the same route I need to take?? I am just looking for some cushion or I'll be needing a spine replacement... Wink
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to get a softer ride you'll have to install longer shackles, which will lift the Jeep a bit.

>Check this out!<
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> YJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: