Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CB antenna mount

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DZNTS

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: CB antenna mount Reply with quote

Hi guys. I have a 2007 unlimited X and want to install a CB. I cant figure out where to mount the antenna. The roof is fiberglass and the bumpers are plastic so i cant get a good ground plane for radiation. I dont want to drill any holes in the body or bumper. Has anyone installed a CB in their new rigs and if so where did you locate the equip.

P.S.
I am a SSgt in the USAF and I repair radios for a living. So dont be afraid to get technical. I just cant find a good spot to mount to.

Thanks
DZNTS
'drack
▲▼webwheeler▼▲
▲▼webwheeler▼▲

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't bothered to pick anything up yet, but I plan on just going with the old bolt on mount route...

Tera CB antenna mount

From what I've seen, the antenna coax will be run through the tailgate so there won't be a need to drill any holes or what not. Like ya said, it's rough since there isn't much metal left on these things Mr. Green .
DZNTS

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

That was exactly what i was looking for. There is even a PDF instalation manual on the link and it shows/explains it perfectly. Thanks for the help.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/96080_402.htm

Edit: I ordered this one becaause it came with a Firestick antenna and 18' of cable. The cable was a little short but i got it to reach and come up under the center of the dash and out the top center of the dash.

I had to dissassemble all of the radio/hvac column to route the wires. The rear brake light rubber seal was a pain in the ass. With both the antenna calbe and the brake light cable there is a little daylight showing through. I will need to shoot a pea sized ammount of sillicone weather sealant into it to seal it off completely. It took about 2 hours to install.

I had to mount my cb on top of the dash because it is too big to mount anywhere else. if you have one of the smaller cb's this should take about an hour.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> JK Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: