Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ESP light flashing freaking out

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bud1313

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: ESP light flashing freaking out Reply with quote

2007 GC ESP issue...I got in to the jeep tonight and the ESP light start flashing and jeep was hesitating as I started to pull out and drive.....enough for me to pull over at one point......Clear night no rain or slippery surfaces....Any ideas what could of caused this? Seemed to fix it self after I pulled over and stopped but I would want this to happen again at a higher speed or on the freeway. Hard to explain really Shocked
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at the Liberty forum. I remember people having similar issues with the ESP in the KJ's.
bud1313

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

So the dealer called and said they can not replicate the problem and asked if it is ok to have the service manager hook up the computer and take the car home with him tonight for and extended test drive 50 miles round trip to see if they can get the issue to happen again. There is also another issue that they can not replicate which they may be able to see if they take the jeep overnight.

In the morning from a cold start there is a delay in transmission engaging into reverse. only happens in morning most times from a cold start....wont catch reverse for like 15/20 seconds.

So my next question would you let them drive the car and keep overnight at there house so they can do an extended road test?

Would they be responsible for any theft or damage if anything happens?

Thanks Again

Ps computer showed no codes of anything being wrong
georgeda

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are trying to help you . . . so go for it.
First don't leave anything in your Jeep and note your milage. You should have comprehensive insurance in case anything happens to it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Grand Cherokee Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: