Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The 'Betty' page (and no, I don't mean Bettie Page)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Turbogus

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: The 'Betty' page (and no, I don't mean Bettie Page) Reply with quote

So, been doing several mods to 'Betty' over the last couple of years and the latest was installing an Class M clutch rod setup,?

as part of a compliance with that JP article regarding CJ fixes/upkeep a couple of months back.
My question is, despite the instructions (sketchy as they were) they were clear that no parts of the OE lower rod setup are to be used in conjunction with the Class M. So they have the threaded lower clutch rod end in contact with the throwout bearing arm directly. The OE? setup used a ball end threaded sleeve,

apparently to ease griding against the thowout arm. Any ideas if this is kosher?
Turbogus

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contacted the manufacturer and their response was "There are no additional pieces to the kit. The threaded rod insert is designed to recess against the clutch fork. We have been selling them for many years this way and have never heard of one excessively wearing the clutch fork. However, if you would like to put an acorn nut on the end of yours that would be fine and it would not negatively effect the linkage kit. The threads on that rod are 3/8" - 24 (fine thread)."
So I think I'm going this was to err on the side of caution. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> CJ Forum All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: