Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FLOWKOOLER WATER PUMPS ARE OVER-PRICED GARBAGE!

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you have any FIRST HAND experience with flowkooler water pumps? Good or bad?
Great! Much better design than standard pumps. (Please describe here).
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
Good. No different than standard OEM pumps.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bad. Not even as good as standard.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Swiftek

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: FLOWKOOLER WATER PUMPS ARE OVER-PRICED GARBAGE! Reply with quote

This is a duplicate post because I felt it deserved it's own thread.

Shocked
I just contacted "Lee Chamberlain" with FlowKooler.com about their pumps. I asked him to describe what makes their pumps better and different. This guy must be the most unprofessional sales rep I've met this year.

The guy was actually offended, and refused to give me any information at all. This is an obvious indicator that their pumps are no different than OEM stuff and the insane prices are just nonsense.

If there was anything better about their pumps, I'm sure they would have told me and attempted to sell me a pump. After all, I was actually going to buy one before I heard from this loser.

When in doubt, check it out. You don't always get what you pay for, and this is a classic example of that.

Below is a my conversation with "Lee" of FlowKooler.com / Brassworks.net, word-for-word:

MY EMAIL REQUESTING INFO...:

Quote:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 3:26 PM
To: sales@flowkooler.com
Subject: [Question from flowkooler.com] Why should I pay so much?

What can you tell me about your pumps that make them worth over $100 MORE than a lifetime warranteed OEM pump?

I'm looking for some very complete pictures and specifications that compare your product to the other major brands sold in America today.

Please send me all the information and materials you have for the FlowKooler Water Pump number 1746.

Thanks.

Swiftek

HIM...:

Quote:
Lee Chamberlain wrote:
Swiftek -

Your email indicates you are a truly price shopper. Our prices (like all prices) are based on the cost of production materials and labor.

I am confident you can find a cheaper pump.

ME...:

Quote:
Sir,

(annoyed)
Your answer is flippant, dismissive and very unprofessional. I am a VALUE shopper. I don't want a cheaper pump. I want a better pump and I want to know what makes it better. I'm asking because your website is very sparse and does not describe the pumps in any detail.

Are you telling me that your pumps are no better than standard ones? Is there NO information you can give me? Nothing you can tell me? Are you a salesman? If not, can you have one contact me?

If this is the best you can do, then I am left with only one conclusion; Your pumps are OEM garbage with a fancy label and price tag. Is that what you want me to think? I'm beginning to wonder...

AND HIS AMAZING FINAL ANSWER...:

Quote:
Swiftek -

Unfortunately you have set the tone for an unpleasant correspondence.

I will not be selling you a pump.

WOW! He might just as well have said "Our pumps are junk, there is no reason to pay our crazy prices, and we don't care about our customers."

The moral of this story: An educated consumer is a scam artist's worst nightmare. Say what you want about my manner, but I'm the customer and this guy is a flaming twit.

'89 Cherokee Pioneer "4x4x4"
(4WD, 4Liter, 4Door)
kizer
The Link Meister
The Link Meister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bahahaha, "Im not selling you a pump".

He should of just said. "So your not buying a pump?"
ehirner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts:

1. I don't see what the purpose of the poll is given your experience. It's clear you don't want to deal with this company after the way you were treated. Why bother with the poll?

2. I can see the guys point. Your first didn't come across to me like you were interested in the pump but rather finding out why their pumps cost over $100 more than the cheap off-the-shelf parts at your neighborhood parts store. He could have given you the information you wanted, but he probable felt like he'd be wasting his time because in the end you'd go with a cheapy anyway. You were already hung up on the $$$$, that wouldn't change no matter what he explained about his product.

3. I see no where in his emails statements implying his pumps were junk, just that he didn't want to waste his time on a someone who probably wouldn't buy one in the first place if he's already bothered by the higher cost.
erslll

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ehirner wrote:
My thoughts:

1. I don't see what the purpose of the poll is given your experience. It's clear you don't want to deal with this company after the way you were treated. Why bother with the poll?

2. I can see the guys point. Your first didn't come across to me like you were interested in the pump but rather finding out why their pumps cost over $100 more than the cheap off-the-shelf parts at your neighborhood parts store. He could have given you the information you wanted, but he probable felt like he'd be wasting his time because in the end you'd go with a cheapy anyway. You were already hung up on the $$$$, that wouldn't change no matter what he explained about his product.

3. I see no where in his emails statements implying his pumps were junk, just that he didn't want to waste his time on a someone who probably wouldn't buy one in the first place if he's already bothered by the higher cost.

x2

I run a Flowcooler pump on my CJ and it works great. Worth every penny. headbang
Turbogus

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I'm taking up a contrary position, but after reading an article in Four Wheeler magazine a while back I decided to buy one based on restrictor plate tech. and better than OE bearings. Whether this is a fallicy or not I can only attest to the restrictor plate. Further this pump indeed flows more coolant as I noticed the upper radiator hose collapsed after blipping the throttle. I addressed this by introducing a coil into the upper hose as I did the bottom. It's been in my rig for two years now and I've no complaints.
All the best.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Drivetrain All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: