Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aftermarket Sub

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bubbaedc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone done an aftermarket sub that dosnt take up any extra room in the jeep? i have a 98 TJ and the only subs i can find go behind the back seat, well im sure all of you know that if you do any kind of off roading most of the time the back seat is taken out for more room for the tools/parts you bring with on the trail... im a car electronics installer at circuit city and i cant seem to find anything besides the back seat area... ive found center console replacements for YJ's but its not a YJ lol any help/thoughts appreciated!

stefano
39.5x16.50R16 pitbull rocker extremes
Homemade Bumpers and rock sliders
check us out at www.tucsonoffroad.net
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Drake69

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw one in a TJ that was nothing more than a tube amp mounted to the side of the rear cargo area. The amp was no longer than a forearm and abuot double the thickness, but it produced some pretty hefty bass. I'm still looking into one for my XJ eventually, but it has to be smaller than the kicker box I picked up awhile ago (runs the entire width of the Jeep Shocked ).

kirkwood007

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not make a new YJ like console that can have a sub in it? If you have the circuit city installation shop to work with it should be somewhat easy, right? If you do try it out make two and sell me one!
bubbaedc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirkwood007 wrote:
Why not make a new YJ like console that can have a sub in it? If you have the circuit city installation shop to work with it should be somewhat easy, right? If you do try it out make two and sell me one!

me and my boss have thought about it, looked at a few things, still trying to find something that isnt rocket science and cost effective, if i make a replacement console, ill let you know lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
1999amethyst

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could attatch a low profile box to the roof? kinda like how they did the speakers in my 99 XJ but they'd have to be in an encloser u now that.
Toliver09

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theres not too many sub enclosure options that won't take extra room in a TJ. you couldn't run anything bigger than an 8" sub probably but you could make a box big enough to sit on the side of the cargo area. if you wanted to run a 10" sub most of them require 1sq ft of enclosure space for a sealed box. a 12" sub requires like 1.5sq ft. I think rockford fosgate makes a "slim sub" for small trucks and stuff that you could look into, from what i read about them the 8" slim sub needs less than .8 sq ft of enclosure space.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bubbaedc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i ended up just doing a self powered bass tube 8" woofer and it dosnt take up too much room to the one side of where my back seat used to be
Doja Dank

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always look into Q logic boxes, but they tend to be on the expensive side. Or look into "free air" subs, they require no enclosure, and can somtimes be installed under the rear seat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Electronic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: