Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Its Back!!!!!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Its Back!!!!!! Reply with quote

I picked it up today, Oh my Gawd, Low range is LOW!!! I still need to order a front driveshaft for it to really test it out, its going to be great.

The left shifter is the front axle and the right shifter is the rear axle. When you select low range in either of the axle shifters you must move the middle shifter from N to either 3.05:1 H or 5.45:1 L.

Once I get the front driveshaft I am going to want to do a speed (low) run somewhere to test it out.
I'm also as happy as a pig in @#%& Mr. Green
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
jppilot61

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is awesome!

Does this mean you will quit stalling it out now?

Just kidding!
(Don't pay any attention to me, I have turned my JEEP into a darn tricycle!)

1992 XJ Laredo
RE6130 4.5" XJ Super-Flex Kit
RE1801 Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit NP231

Last edited by jppilot61 on Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:08 am; edited 1 time in total
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jppilot61 wrote:
That is awesome!

Does this mean you will quit stalling it out now?

Just kidding!
(Don't any attention to me, I have turned my JEEP into a darn tricycle!)

No, that was caused by operator error or the idiot behind the wheel - Me
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
UNL1MTD
Tastes just like Strawberries...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who did the fab work to put this in?
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-treme 4x4, Steve Johnston in Fredericksburg, this was the first Stak that he has installed, he has done a bunch of Atlas II before. He didn't like the single support rod for the shifters so he fab'd an extra brace for attached to the transmission. The t-case is as high is it can be without adding more body lift. I tried out the 2 low ranges when I got it home, oh my gawd!!!! the 5.45:1 low range is unreal. I think I made a real good choice, rather than regearing the axles for a better crawl but worse gas mileage I went with the 3 speed t-case. The cost was about the same for the improvements that I got. The t-case is about the same height that it was before but now it has a much larger, heavier and stronger skid plate. I would still like to do something for better traction in the rear like a spool or just weld it, I'll see how it works first though.
UNL1MTD
Tastes just like Strawberries...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats right, cause you have 4.10s with 35s. You got all kinds of options off road now. You can be in a good 'wheeling' gear for the trails, then hit it in low for the rocks. That was a good call. Plus you can do digs now, which should be cool. Did you get the parking break for it?

Also i was reading on their site that the 5.45 overpowers most breaking systems, thats unreal. Not that it matters for you since you have a stick.

I definitely need more gear for the rocks as I stall a bunch, but I'm going to do axle's first.
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I keep my foot out of the gas I can get 16mpg, for a brick going down the highway thats not bad. I think I ended up with a final crawl ratio of about 99:1, huge difference from stock and from where I was at. I'm going to call Tom Woods tomarrow to order the front driveshaft. Mine was 2 inches to long plus it had been twisted a little bit and the splines were getting to be worn out.

Now where do I want to take the build? Stretch, coilovers, front HP D44, I think I'll just wait until something breaks then replace bigger.
HEMIjer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: great Reply with quote

That is really cool

I have thought about doing an Atlas II for the primary reasons you outlined. Have also read some writeups and since then have been done a bunch of times in a TJ think if I took my time I could do the install my self.

Can't wait to see that in the rocks.
02tj

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats freakin nice dude! So..... you can put it in low and get out and walk faster than the jeep moves huh? lol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Driveshaft is ordered, it should be in next week. Mr. Green
StreetDoc

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Driveshaft is installed. Oh my gawd, the combinations this thing is capable of. Any of the three gear ratios in what ever axle you want to use, front, rear, or both.

I need some trails!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is going to be a whole new 4WD experience.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> FM2CD All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: