Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need info on interco Trxus MT

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nixt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Need info on interco Trxus MT Reply with quote

Does anyone have experience with the Trxus MT by Interco? Or has anyone read any reviews about them? I'm looking to replace two of the tires on my 98 ZJ 5.9 Limited. I've currently running Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's in 235/85R16's (measure to be a true 32") on stock 16"x7" wheels. I looked at Treadwright's MTR type retreads-but they aren't selling them in the 235/85R16's and they would probably run around $100 when they do come out. Everywhere else I've looked online for the Goodyear's has them around $200 plus around $45 shipping. The Trxus MT Radials seem to run about $130 to $135 in the 235/85R16's. I'm wondering why they are so cheap compared to the Goodyear's. As well as how do they ride, do they do well off road (everything but sand) and how loud are they on the highway? At that price I may be able to replace all 4 of my tires instead of just two. I'd appreciate any input at all. Thanks in advance,
-nixt
with 2" coil spacers for 3.5-3.75 total lift
235/85R16 Goodyear MTR's Measure a true 32"

Life has No Value,
But Death Has Its Price.
badger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interco makes a great tire.I would go for a Truxus before I would install a MTR anyday.Yes they will be slightly louder then the MTR because it uses more of an aggressive tread.They are cheaper because Interco doesn't sell their name like Goodyear does.Interco doesn't spend all their extra cash on advertising.They are happy with word of mouth,it has worked for them up till now.I have run several versions on Interco tire through out the years.I can only say I was disappointed once.When I bough a set of Thornbirds.Wow what a total piece of junk tire.Not that it was built bad or that it fell apart far from it.They wore great and never punctured.But they were heavy and have a bad tread design for anything other then street driving.

I have always been satisfied with their tires and will continue to only purchase their tires for all my offroad rigs.

Last edited by badger on Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Code3TJ
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a set on my TJ for about 800 miles. I'm happy with mine. The only problem was that it took some work to balance them. I can't really remember what the jeep rode like or how loud it was before, so I can't really comment on that, but it's nothing outrageous. And highway, what's that? Mr. Green

For the price, I'd recommend them and when this set wears out, I'll buy another set if nothing better has come out by then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suspension, Steering & Tires All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: