Forum Index
Jeep Horizons HomeLinksJeep Horizons Tech Write-upsJeep newsLand useContact

Watched TopicsWatched Topics   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Project Fuzzy

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jppilot61

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Ok, now we are even! Reply with quote

Ok, I have to admit those videos were amusing!

They almost makeup for the remainder of this thread! coffee

1992 XJ Laredo
RE6130 4.5" XJ Super-Flex Kit
RE1801 Slip Yoke Eliminator Kit NP231
fuzzy59

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, wll I'm glad you guys like the videos. We tried using less fluid but they didn't explode, they just fizzled so we decided to go with the amount you saw. We managed to use the whole can up on 4 tires Finger
fuzzy59

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopped on the Solid Differential Cover's deals and picked me up a new cover for the hp30. Just came in and it's a beaut Wink

My girlfriend's grandparents just got a dog about 2 months ago but aren't able to take care of it so my family picked up a new dog as well.

She's a tiny Yorki, about 5 lbs and barely comes up to my elbow when I hold her. She's about 3 months old and her name is Lilly. The grandparents had named her Pooky but we thought it needed a change

fuzzy59

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked on the jeeps a little bit this weekend but sunlight seemed to cut us a bit short. Here's some of the progress we made.

Started to take the plastic out of the fender wells.

And started to rip the cladding off.

Planning on taking a bunch of steel off to allow for some more room for the Iroks. I'm planning on trimming under the black line and cutting the ARB even with it as well.

There's a small mount on the inside of the wells but I'm going to leave that on for some stability hence the double lines.

Shot of the other side where we are planning on cutting.

The transfer case is still leaking. We tried retightening all the bolts around it but it was still leaking pretty bad so I started to take everything down to give us more access for a better look at everything.

And taking down the driveshafts to drop the transfer case.

Mount down as well for more room.

Here's where the leak is coming from. Dribbling out of that small hole. That is suposed to be there, we checked Maxx's tc and he has it too, minus the leak.

And we got Maxxs shiny new door installed as well.

Looks like it could use some Herculiner.

And hopefully we can get the Irok mounted on the back today.

Any ideas on the tc? Tranny seal is good and the fluid is full on it. Other than dropping the tc and retightening, everything looked normal on it. Maybe some RTV?
1fox2go

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

want me to give you the number of the mad scientist? I bet you he can tell you how to fix it
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The t-case seal doesn't have to be shot, to leak, it may not be sealed to the case properly. If the tranny seal hasn't been known to leak, I'd bet it's the input seal on the "new" t-case.
fuzzy59

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure Foxx. We are going to take another stab at it this weekend, get another set of eyes to scope it out. Hopefully we can get it sealed up. I don't want to just RTV it and mask a bigger problem, if there even is one.
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What year is the TJ t-case that you installed in your Jeep? That leak shouldn't be a huge problem. There's only two seals that could possibly be leaking.
fuzzy59

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

97tj 231 case. I'm thinking we are going to replace the rear tranny seal and hopefully that'll stop it.
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently had a leak from the same hole. I noticed it leaked a small amount from the tranny seal when I was swapping in the 231 and didn't bother to replace it. I just swapped in my spare 242 because I got water in my 231 and need to redo the seals. Decided to replace it this time around. Replacing the tranny output seal solved the problem. Although yours is leaking quite a bit! If it is the tranny seal on yours, it must've got nicked or torn when you swapped t-cases, or else you would've experienced the leakage before.
fuzzy59

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my buddies recently got a job at a local auto shop so I figured why not hop on the chance at a free mounce and balance of the spare Irok. Took some pics since he was nice enough to let us in and see how they do it professionally as opposed to my fire trick Very Happy

Loading the rok up on the machine with the soft 8.

Ratcheting with a combination of pulling up on the tire to help seat the tire.

And airing it up.

The tire balancing machine.

Side shot with the weights.

1st attempt, not bad all things considered.

Vroom!

And perfect.

Hopefully this weekend we'll be throwing the spare up and taking down the a/t Very Happy
1fox2go

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talked to the doc, he said if your losing Tranny fluid then you nicked the trans seal between the tcase and tranny when installing the tcase 6 dollar part, pain in the ass since you have to take the case out again

Dunno If orange said that if he did cool, if not, thats what I was told the problem is
fuzzy59

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was losing tranny fluid wouldn't that show on the tranny dipstick? Because that is completely full even though it's pissed fluid out.
Orangeamc13
Got Rev Limiter?
Got Rev Limiter?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the t-case fluid level down? How often do you drive the Jeep since the t-case swap? You probably haven't leaked enough to show a significant drop in fluid level.
fuzzy59

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Drove it for like a day and then saw the amount that had leaked. It was like a sink was turned on under it. Quite noticable lol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Photo Album All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: